Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox LTZ

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2019, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2015 Equinox LTZ

How do I remove the engine cover on my 2015 Equinox V6. I believe it is only 1 bolt? and remove the dipstick. Then it snaps off? JUst curious and do not want to break anything.. Chevy dealer charged me $450.00 for tracing a wire problem that ttok 13 hours.. Showed me a photo of the location. With cover off it was in plain site on left side of engine. Why 13 hours. And harness cost 13.0Thanks for help ahead of answer
Old June 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlee75
How do I remove the engine cover on my 2015 Equinox V6. I believe it is only 1 bolt? and remove the dipstick. Then it snaps off? JUst curious and do not want to break anything.. Chevy dealer charged me $450.00 for tracing a wire problem that ttok 13 hours.. Showed me a photo of the location. With cover off it was in plain site on left side of engine. Why 13 hours. And harness cost 13.0Thanks for help ahead of answer
The engine covers almost always pull right off after removing the oil cap. You didn't say what the wire harness they replaced goes to, but the shop probably had to rule other things out to confirm a wiring problem exists first, then locate it. A wiring issue probably wasn't suspected at first because the vehicle is relatively new.

If the work really took 13 hours, they cut you a heck of a deal on labor if it only cost $450 for the whole job. That comes to about $33/hr for labor - dirt cheap by today's standards.

Last edited by ruley73; June 4th, 2019 at 2:02 PM.
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks I''check it out.