Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

All known equinox cabin water leaks

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2015, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So at this point I have removed ALL the grey sound deadening material thats under the carpet about 8 pieces in total they are going in the garbage as they really stink, i hosed down the entire car for 15mins and there did appear a trickle of water in the drivers footwell. I have applied sealant around the strut towers and if any water gets in again it will drain out the holes in the footwells and not get soaked up by the underlay.
So at this point Ive done what i can, over n out!
Thanks ruley73
Old March 19th, 2021, 5:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by craigory
I bought an 07 equinox and its wet from front to rear. .. there isn't' a bit of dry carpet.
I bough this for my wife and our new baby girl. Of course I didn't notice when viewing the car.. but its smelling funky now which cannot be good for our baby.
I intend on fixing it myself as I haven'tthe cash to have it looked at professionally.
So where do I start? Im gonna hit all areas to be sure I find the source.
Every known water leak if you can help!!?? Please!
You Can't Tell Where It Comes From. After Having It Repaired. Still Leaked. Lost Money. About 3Years, I Sealed The Top Sun Roof With Flex Glue In The Long Tube. Easy And Soft. I pressed It Out, Used My Finger To Smooth It Out. Wish I Had Put On Gloves. Used Damp Paper Towels TO Clean Up EDGES. I Bought 2 Only Needed I Half. Been Up Bout Year. When It Get Warm, Will Check It Again Because I Do Go Through Car Wash. Hasn't Leaked Since. After All That Money Spent And Ruining The Inside I Spend $9.00. Mind Only Leaked Front. Get Some $1.00 Moister Dry From Dollar Tree. Put In Car. Make Sure They Work. Had To Take 7 Back. The Water Never Dropped To The Bottom After About 3 Months. Great. Never Happened Before. Use In The House Also. HOPE It WORK
Old August 26th, 2021, 9:50 AM
Newly Registered

Default 2010 Equinox Windshield Cowl Drain

Same problem with wet passenger side carpet after rain. Where does the cowl drain tube end on passenger side? Poured water on cowl. On driver’s side, water exits at bottom of wheel well. Thought the rest (most) of the water would exit at bottom of wheel well on passenger side but it runs down the engine compartment near the middle of the car. Proof of blocked cowl drain on passenger side?