Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Another Stabilitrack/EPS question

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2013, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Stabilitrack/EPS question

Evening guys and gals,

I am hoping someone here can give me some opinion or idea.

Have a 2008 Chevy Equinox, this morning went to the store, came out started up and got a Stabilitrack Off/Service Stabilitrack warning, and power steering was gone!

After doing some poking around, mainly in these threads i Treid removing the 80 Amp Mega Fuse, it checked out okay. Put it back in, started it up to move it and the power steering was back! ? ! Drove down the road and about a 1/4 mile later the warning reset and all was good with the world again.

My question is ...

Does this make sense to anyone?
Am I looking at an intermittent problem and my wife is going to lose steering driving down the road for no apparent reason?

OnStar did a remote diag and said all checked out okay
Dealership sad they can't do anything ( as expected) since it is not happening.

Kind of wondering if I should worry, or if this is something that happens with these cars and hopefully my wife is safe

Thanks!!!!
Adam.
Old February 12th, 2013, 9:28 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SkerryChevy
Evening guys and gals,

I am hoping someone here can give me some opinion or idea.

Have a 2008 Chevy Equinox, this morning went to the store, came out started up and got a Stabilitrack Off/Service Stabilitrack warning, and power steering was gone!

After doing some poking around, mainly in these threads i Treid removing the 80 Amp Mega Fuse, it checked out okay. Put it back in, started it up to move it and the power steering was back! ? ! Drove down the road and about a 1/4 mile later the warning reset and all was good with the world again.

My question is ...

Does this make sense to anyone?
Am I looking at an intermittent problem and my wife is going to lose steering driving down the road for no apparent reason?

OnStar did a remote diag and said all checked out okay
Dealership sad they can't do anything ( as expected) since it is not happening.

Kind of wondering if I should worry, or if this is something that happens with these cars and hopefully my wife is safe

Thanks!!!!
Adam.
She won't ever completely lose the ability to steer. She might just lose the electronic assist, but this rarely occurs. If it happens while driving down the road, it should not be a life threatening situation as the vehicle will not be that difficult to steer while in motion. This is odd though. Another odd thing is how the warnings went away while you were driving. I've never heard of this. Usually the warnings don't go away until the key is turned off. I would check the battery terminals and the terminals around the mega fuse for corrosion and clean as necessary. If you have never replaced the battery then I would get it checked because it could be on it's last leg.

Last edited by ruley73; February 12th, 2013 at 9:32 PM.