Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2008, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox Issues

I read in Consumer's Report that the Equinox was one of the lowest rated vehicles on the owner satisfaction scores. This didn't surprise me as my 2006 has had issues from Day 1 upon dealership pickup:
[ul][*]liftgate would rub against the body near the top as the hinge was misaligned - dealer had to re-align and re-paint it;[*]premature brake rotor warpage (under 20,000km);[*]turn signal intermittently does not reset upon completion of turn;[*]nuisance Check Engine Light and some difficulty starting P0171 code when last checked;[/ul]

The dealership has not been that responsive in addressing these ie. did not assess the brakes properly, couldn't 'replicate' the turn signal issue... I have never had a Chevy until this one which in my mind should not be having these types of issues given it's age.

I am curious how the other Equinox owners have found their vehicles.What are your experiences been?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Equinox Issues

You're not the only one to have problems. The Equinox section is littered with posts about how their owners are dissatisfied with their quality.