Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Having problems starting my 2005 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi NikkiZ,

I brought my Equinox to a Chevrolet dealer and they found that one of my O2 connections was loose. They fixed that and my vehicle has not had any starting issues.
Old November 9th, 2012, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you!
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a 2006 equinox on Friday. I noticed that when I would start the car there was a slight hestancy. Today It took me a few times to start it, no cranking sound though. Later when I went to start again after work it took a few times to get it to start now with the cranking sound.

Also anyone have any whistling sounds when your driving like a window is not closed all the way?
Old November 16th, 2012, 3:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rab2012,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to a poor battery cable connection. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

I've noticed this with my 05 Equinox. When I fuel up then drive home and park it. The next time I go to start it, it doesn't want to start. It cranks and cranks. Then I have to press down the gas pedal and it starts. I have no clue why this happens. I have pin pointed it down to starting it the first time after leaving the gas station.