Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Im in the market for an exuinox, new 2011

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2010, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in the market for an exuinox, new 2011

we had a great test drive last week and are seriously considering, we drove the front wheel drive and like it for its gas mileage(wife is primary driver)

Having trouble getting to the price we want ? Anybody here purchase a 2011?

thanks in advance
Old October 23rd, 2010, 9:14 PM
CF Active Member

Just picked one up for my wife today.

Cardinal Red Metallic 2LT
Pretty much loaded except no leather, no sun roof, which we were fine with. I really like the premium cloth as they call it. Actually seemed more comfy than the leather. Never had a cloth seat with heat, but we'll take it.

Not sure where you are at, but they are hard to come by around here. Dealers won't trade em except maybe a color swap, maybe. So you either choose from what you can find or wait it out. For this same reason don't expect the dealer to dip down under invoice into their hold back. If you look on edmunds you'll see the avg person pays above invoice on these. I think like $500.
Old October 25th, 2010, 8:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I checked the GM website and the Chevrolet website for current offers on the 2011 Equinox and currently all they state are to check with your dealership. I apologize I couldn't be of more help but I am glad to hear that you are happy with the vehicle and still looking to get into one.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

tsduke, thanks for the response:

the dealership I am working with now said the same thing - my wife wants the leather, sunroof, navigation LTZ package and they are having a very hard time finding the car she wants.
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Ordered our 2011 and paid $200 over invoice, cash, no trade. I'm confident that is the best deal you can get on a Nox at the moment. I did see a new 2010 on closeout for 5% below MSRP, but that was on one of the few reamining prior year models. I haven't seen any Nox's on leader ads at our larger volume dealers (Portland, OR).
Old October 25th, 2010, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

When I shopped for the Nox, one thing I learned was to be very careful on the "up" models. I discovered that the LTZ with all those options was basically the same price as a comparable Traverse. I have a close friend who just bought a LTZ Traverse with everything including dual sunroofs, navigation, entertainment, etc., for $37,800. Gotta love those rebates on year end closeouts! You can get a deal on a Traverse. You CANNOT geta a deal on a Nox. Just food for thought.
Old October 27th, 2010, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

that is interesting about the traverse: its funny though, I dont like the traverse, nor do I need the extra row of seats.

We found the one my wife wants, 2011 4 cyl front wheel drive with nav, leather and sunroof 18 inch machine wheels - 31,000

we go today to drive it

any thoughts on this price?

My thoughts are it should be closer to 30k, from what I have seen on the internet at the various sites.
Old October 27th, 2010, 5:01 PM
CF Active Member

If you can get a grand off msrp I'd say your probably doing pretty good on a nox.
Old November 18th, 2010, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

I am also in the market for an '11 nox. My wife wants the 4 banger with all options (LTZ, navi, sunroof, two tone leather, rear entertainment...) but my dealer is doing what it takes to get the car for us. They are getting us one from 400 miles away in a dealer trade.

MSRP is about $33k but I get supplier pricing so Im getting it for around $31k.

I think its all about where you are. Some dealers want the sale more than others.

My only hold up now is getting rid of her leased Mini. It only has 7 months left but I cant stand that car.
Old June 21st, 2011, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default We lucked out

We lucked out by getting out 2011 Equinox used with just a little over 12k miles on it for a little more then 25K. 1LT with sunroof. Loving it, good luck in getting what you want.

Quick Reply: Im in the market for an exuinox, new 2011