Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Switched power supply in fuse box that I can tap 2007 Equinox LS?

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2023, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is a well thought out and detailed response, very appreciated! Thank you!
unfortunately I don't have an aux input, and it appears that my pwr window fuse is also under the hood. This is my interior fuse panel pictured. In your opinion would any of these fuses work? I'm not overly concerned about it staying on until the door opens (although that is preferred). My intention at this point is just to put a 12v socket like the one pictured in the glove box. I would happily pull out my multimeter and test for switched fuses, but the vehicle isn't accessible at the moment. I just bought it and it's in storage (for many many years). I just want to get all the supplies I may need to do this easily.

Old March 28th, 2023, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure and it depends on how much power you expect to draw from your added outlet, but assuming that you're not planning to draw too much power...

If you want the power-port to be switched (turn off with the ignition) then I'd probably try tapping into the "Radio" fuse-slot with an Add-a-Circuit.

If you don't want the power-port to be switched, I'd probably tap into the "Heated Seats" fuse-slot (or maybe the "Hazard" slot) with an Add-a-Circuit.

Either way, I'd use an Add-a-Circuit (because it's so easy). If you use an Add-a-Circuit, then you could just buy one, and then when you get the car, easily plug it into various fuse-slots and check the voltage with a volt-meter (with the ignition on & off) until you get the desired results. You may want to keep in mind that some circuits won't turn off for ~10 minutes after the ignition is turned off, or until the driver door opens, or (I think) unless the computer senses current-drain after X-minutes to prevent a dead battery.
Old September 30th, 2023, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to follow up. I used the heated seat fuse because it is switched with the key. Worked perfectly. I used a pico add a circuit, and put the 12v socket in the glove box. Now my fm Bluetooth modulator turns on and off with the ignition. Perfect. Thanks for the advice.
The following users liked this post:
RazzMaTazz (September 30th, 2023)
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This thread is straight up gold! Props my man! & Since it's bumped..

I have checked everywhere, before I make a post on it I figured I would ask in here since you guys actually know what you're talking about! Ughhhhhhh is about time! 😂 Anywho, 2006 Equinox pioneer radio, sub in back i'm guessing amp is within the sub area, or possibly radio area. Either or doesn't matter. What I'm desperately looking for is the factory amplifier specifications. How many watts/ohm's goes to what speaker. I'm pretty sure I have the PDF for wire color specs for said amp but it's all I could find about this radio.. 🤦
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent K
factory amplifier specifications. How many watts/ohm's goes to what speaker.
why do you need to know?