Notices
Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Timing Chain--2012 after 70K miles

Old May 30th, 2017, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Timing Chain--2012 after 70K miles

At the dealership and feel like I've been punched. My 2012 Equinox with 73K miles is in the shop with a 1600 repair to the timing chain. This is not a good experience and I'm so upset about a major repair on this car that has been well maintained. My warranty ran out in October, so here we are with a huge repair bill a few months later.

Had a Malibu Maxx with issues from some type of bad fluid that the manufacturer used and now this!? Probably the last Chevy for me.

So tired of reading about recurring issues that the manufacturer doesn't address. Frustrating.
Old May 31st, 2017, 7:26 AM
CF Addict

As has been said in other threads, these problems are not exclusive to Chevrolet. All the other manufacturers have similar problems. You might get a bad car with one of the others. You can also go to an another shop and get the repair at considerably less. dealers are expensive and there are quality shops that do good work for less money.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: