Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Transmission and computer issues

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2015, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Transmission and computer issues

Have a 2012 Equinox. Have had system batteries replaced after shut down on highway. But it just doesn't shift right and dashboard lights go on and off; which computer board was replaced. Going in this week again for same issue. Notified Chevy. Told them to keep it till they can find the problem. Never knows what gear to be in and mileage stinks. Last chance for chevy to fix then will file for lemon law. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old March 25th, 2015, 4:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by peggybause
Have a 2012 Equinox. Have had system batteries replaced after shut down on highway. But it just doesn't shift right and dashboard lights go on and off; which computer board was replaced. Going in this week again for same issue. Notified Chevy. Told them to keep it till they can find the problem. Never knows what gear to be in and mileage stinks. Last chance for chevy to fix then will file for lemon law. Any advice would be appreciated.
peggybause,

I'm sorry to hear about the transmission and computer concerns you've experienced on your 2012 Equinox. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. A few questions:

- Have you called Chevrolet Customer Assistance? If so, were you given a case number?
- Are you currently working with a certified GM dealer?
- When was your last service visit for these same concerns?

If you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd also like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Yes Sir I have for over a year. Now with it being out of warranty for 239 miles; they will only cover 1/2 the cost of new struts for back hatch. How sorry is this. But thank you for answering and try to help.
Old July 7th, 2015, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

Case #71-1457772828