Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

What is the ohm specs on a good wiper switch for rear wiper operation ?

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2023, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is the ohm specs on a good wiper switch for rear wiper operation ?

Hello I have a problem car with several issues and one is the rear wiper isnt working , I tried to jump a ground to the motor and it sounds like its f'ed up but im also no having the right reading on the switch, SI states for component testing Rear Wiper/Washer Switch
  1. With the rear wiper switch in the open position, test for infinite resistance between the ground terminal 1 and the signal terminal 2.
    • If not the specified value, replace the rear wiper/washer switch.
  2. With the rear wiper switch in the closed position, test for less than 2 ohms of resistance between the ground terminal 1 and the signal terminal 2.
  •  
    • If not within the specified range, replace the rear wiper/washer switch
    • I tested her switch and it was like OL closed . the n 3000 . 1600 and then 700 ohms closed I believe her switch is ok but then that would make SI in the wrong , I pulled her switch out and put probes on terminals one and 2 . Does anyone know offhand or have a good working switch lately remember the readings for this ?