Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

What is your experience with the 4 Cyl Equinox?

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2012, 6:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by RFZ167Rick
Well..the tech actually drives his wife's 2010 NOX to work..he showed me that much. Are you a working GM tech?
How can you say that the ecotec is the most reliable engine that Chevy makes..how long has it been in production? Chevy makes some great engines..as you know
My wife's 98 Malibu has the beautifully smooth 2.4 Twin Cam with 150K on it..This 4CYL blows the ecotec away and is much quieter and smoother
the quad 4? Yes, it is powerful but has a horrible service history. Have fun when its head gasket time. Its not nice to work on and sucks fuel for a four cylinder. The 2.4 eco in your nox is more powerful and gets better fuel mileage than the quad 4 engine.

The 2.2 ecotec is 10 years old. Why do i think the ecotec is reliable?...because I see what get repaired every day in a gm dealership!

Also, there won't be fluid leaks under the ecotec...not so for other engines.

As for the nox, I haven't noticed a hesitation; when does it occur for you?

Last edited by tech2; December 13th, 2012 at 6:26 PM.
Old December 14th, 2012, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
the quad 4? Yes, it is powerful but has a horrible service history. Have fun when its head gasket time. Its not nice to work on and sucks fuel for a four cylinder. The 2.4 eco in your nox is more powerful and gets better fuel mileage than the quad 4 engine.

The 2.2 ecotec is 10 years old. Why do i think the ecotec is reliable?...because I see what get repaired every day in a gm dealership!

Also, there won't be fluid leaks under the ecotec...not so for other engines.

As for the nox, I haven't noticed a hesitation; when does it occur for you?
I really do not think you know what you are talking about
"Horrible service history" I stated 150K miles..no problems ever
"Sucks fuel"?? I get 30 miles to a gallon
"Have fun when it's head gasket time"?? YOU don't belong on here with statements like that
Go wash another car Tech man And check your grammar please
Old December 15th, 2012, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Equinox - Update

Well, my 2012 Equinox is now 14 months old and I wanted to post an update. It is an awesome vehicle! The 2.4l engine continues to perform flawlessly!

When I bought the 'nox I had been driving a 2005 Saturn Vue which had the 2.2l ecotec engine. I put 112,000 miles on the Vue and never had 1 single issue with the 2.2l ecotec. Very good engine. I only hope I get as good a service out of my 2.4l 'nox. So far, so good. BTW it is black with chrome trim on the mirrors, door handles and vertical side posts. I regularly get comments on what a good looking vehicle it is.
Old December 15th, 2012, 8:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

"Have fun when it's head gasket time"?? YOU don't belong on here with statements like that
Please don't debate about an engine you don't even know the name of.

The were the only thing in your post that made any sense but your worried about my grammar.

Can you just cook my cheeseburger instead of being concerned with me washing cars?

Last edited by tech2; December 15th, 2012 at 9:30 AM.
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> billboyd1,

Thank you for the update and sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your Equinox.

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 18th, 2012, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Are you for real

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> billboyd1,

Thank you for the update and sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your Equinox.

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
"I am happy to hear you are enjoying your Equinox"

Did you even read the post that you have responded to?? NO I did not think so
I traded in the NOX for a 2013 Impala..Great smooth 300HP V6

The Equinox needs more than a little noisy 4Cyl..by far.

The great news: I am totally happy with my Ron Fellows Z06#167
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RFZ167Rick,

My apologies, I quoted the wrong user, yet addressed the correct one.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up I love my Equinox

I have a 2012 1LT and am very happy with it. It gets fantastic gas mileage (I average between 28-30) and the 4cyl engine does not feel underpowered at all. I actually bought the 4cyl over the 6 because I read on some reviews that the tradeoff with gas mileage isn't really worth the performance boost. I also drive in Eco mode all the time, and have no complaints. Also, the sliding rear seat you would think wouldn't be a huge selling point but man have I used that so many times and am thankful I have it, so convenient. That should be standard on all SUVs!

Very happy Equinox owner here.