Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Eqyinox ABS & Traction Lights

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2015, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Eqyinox ABS & Traction Lights

I just repaired this issue on my Equinox, so I thought I would post it for others. I put the car up on jack stands and pulled all 4 wheels. I disconnected the each wheel sensor from the harness's, and with my DVM, I checked the resistance to each speed sensor. 3 sensors read 1.6xx k ohms and 1 (left rear) read 25.xx k ohms, way different than the other 3, so I replaced that sensor. The hardest part was getting the brake drum off. The sensor cost $40. When I checked the resistance of the sensors, there's a slight delay (2-3 seconds) before my meter displayed a reading, probably due to the coil windings in the sensor. Also, if you leave the meter connected to the sensor too long, the resistance will start to increase, so, I wouldn't leave the meter connected to the sensor more than 10 seconds, or so. I put everything together, turned the key and no light. We put on 150 miles yesterday and no lights. This it what I did to fix mine. Better than getting ripped at the dealer. YMMV

Last edited by chunkyg; March 25th, 2015 at 8:22 AM.
Old March 29th, 2015, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update. A 550 mile trip downstate and all is good.