Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 AC/Heat blend door

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2017, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 AC/Heat blend door

The AC on my 2005 Chevy equinox is putting out very little cool.
The compressor is good and cycling properly.
The Freon level is correct.
The cabin filter has been removed since it was dirty.
The actuator is not making any clicking sound so I assume it is working properly.
The HVAC fuse is good. I pulled it with the the car on and AC working for 10 seconds to see if it needed to readjust itself...and it did not realign, so I will assume that it has not gotten out of sync.
The passenger side cools slightly better than the driver side. Maybe this is because the compressor is on the passenger side and therefore cools better than the driver side.
I am concerned that the issue may be a broken Blend Door.
Maybe heat is coming through the vent at the same time that the AC is blowing.
Maybe I should remove the glove box and try to see if the nipple on the blend door is broke where the actuator connects/inserts.
I need help.
Kay

Last edited by kaynarde1; July 14th, 2017 at 5:19 PM.
Old July 14th, 2017, 5:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Does the A/C get warmer when the engine is idling, but cools fine when not stopped or if the engine is above idle? If so, the scroll valve in your compressor may need to be replaced. This is a common issue that only affects the 2005 Equinox. Watch the video linked below to learn more. The 2006 and newer models have an A/C compressor with a newer design that eliminated the problematic scroll valve.

Last edited by ruley73; July 14th, 2017 at 6:07 PM.