Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 3.4 Equinox starting issues

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2022, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 3.4 Equinox starting issues

Try to give as much detail as possible here. I was told a/c shop that my evaporator core was bad. So the last 2 days I’ve took the dash all the way down, replaced the evap, reinstalled everything.
Before starting I unhooked the battery. I did not hook it back up until I was totally done and ready to take it to the a/c shop to get charged.
Jumped in, hit the key and it didn’t crank at all.
started trying other things and I have no radio except clock, no idiot dash lights, no power windows either. Headlights, horn, interior buzzer, interior light, fan blower, hazards, all work. I went ahead and put new battery in it as well.
Went and talked to auto repair shop because I thought security was the problem. Shop said, nope, you don’t have power to your ignition. Once you get power there the rest will happen and even radio won’t need reprogrammed, it will work too.
Got out the test light and I have power to the switch. So, I tore the dash apart and checked every single plug on the harness and double checked 2 ground wires that I reinstalled and they were tight.
I’ve tried in neutral and well and still nothing.
When I took dash apart, I unplugged the air bag and removed it with the metal tube frame with duct inside of it.
I have unhooked battery and moved relays around as well.
Everything was fine when I pulled the car in, no ignition key problems, cranked up every time, etc. I’m confused and lost. My daughter needs her car back badly.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.