Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2015, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Traction control/ABS light

We have a 2005 equinox with the same problem. The tire shop spent 2 months trying to figure out the problem and after replacing the wheel hub/abs sensor 3 times (because they thought they were defective). The tire place said its the wiring but they could not fix it because chevy has to build it. We have took the car to two different chevy dealers now and both are refusing to fix it because it isn't throwing a code saying the wiring is bad. When it was showing a code it was still for the hub even after it was replaced. My brakes just randomly don't work and have nearly caused me to get in an accident more than once. I spent the morning on the phone with chevy and they are refusing to help and saying unless there is a code then the chevy dealer is right not to fix it. So now I have a car that I cannot drive because my family is not safe in it and chevy is refusing to fix.
Old February 5th, 2015, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Had the same problem your having with my 2006 Equinox. The problem was the cable that goes from the speed sensor to the interior of the engine compartment. Both ends have the same type of connector. You can access the "Other end" by following the cable to a removable cover. The connector at the speed sensor became corroded over time and was causing an intermittent open thus causing the problem. You can purchase this part at Chevy for about $70. I have heard that Auto Zone can get it at half the price. Hope this helps.
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Sounds like the same issue we started having on our 2005 Equinox. The part is "ACDelco 22715444 GM Original Equipment Front Driver Side ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Wiring Harness" ordered off Amazon for $30 and took me less then 5 minutes to replace once I figured out where is was. That was almost two years ago and so far it hasn't acted up again.
Old February 25th, 2015, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Chevy Equinox ABS Brakes

I just had my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox's brake system replaced, the ABS brakes replaced and even put on 2 new tires in the front (I spent over $1K on this car already just on brakes. After all this work, the ABS lights still come on and periodically, the brakes still stick. I brought the car back to the mechanic who fixed my brakes and he told me that the car is perfectly safe and that the "machine" wasn't picking up on anything being wrong. Yet...my brakes are still locking up on me. I'm now worried, after reading various posts, of bigger issues with the car. I don't have a lot of money and really can't afford to be spending needlessly, what should I be telling my mechanic to look for? I'm worried about driving my car since it's so unpredictable. From this forum, it seems that this is a common problem with these cars.
Old February 28th, 2015, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wiring harness

Hey guys,
We finally got our car fixed after 3 months of problems. We called Chevy for some help/advice and they didn't seem to care at all- very disappointed. We then took it to two separate Chevy dealers. It was the ABS wiring harness, the one that is up high where you can not easily reach. We figured out that it was this ourself and practically had to force Chevy to fix it. It is all better now FINALLY! The total cost was only $300 for fixing this.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default ABS Wiring Harness

So, they replaced the entire ABS wiring harness? No more groaning, jerking, at low speeds? I have just taken out the fuse for the ABS, but would love to actually be able to have my truck work properly again since it's been over a year without it. Did they give you a picture or does someone have a wiring diagram for this?
Old March 10th, 2015, 4:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JRuizJr
Can someone please help me? I am new to this and dont know how to post on the forum to ask a question!! I am having problems with my 2008 silverado 1500 6.0. Traction, ABS, brake lights are on. Dash says to service stabilitrack, and some other things. Also my truck has now begun to shift very hard. Kinda worried. Can someone please lend some expert advise?
I had the sameproblem with mine it also had low engine power I had them read the codes gave me a list of four different things it could be. the guy at O'Reillys said try seafoam in in the gas tank I put one bottle in of seafoam stopped all my problems.. Regardless try this first it can't hurt and it only cost around 10 bucks
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default problems

I am having problems with my abs....my breaks are making a weird noise and kicking back at me but my abs light isn't on....I am also having problems starting yesterday where my car locks go crazy and everything was lit up on my radio....I have an engine light that pops on apparently whenever it wants...I know these are all electrical problems...does it need codes? new computers?
Old March 21st, 2015, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Equinox Issues

I have a 2006 Chevy Equinox.. my abs and a light that has tc on it which I think means traction control is on. MY vehicle shakes and shimmies I have no clue whats going on. Ive had it looked at and someone said its the bearing and brakes . Just want to see if that is the cause before I go putting more money into parts again that's not needed. Considering ive dne put 2000$ into my vehicle the way it is now. Any help will be appreciated thanks
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

There seems to be a similar thread here, that is that there is a safety issue with the equinox braking system?

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems