Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox floor boards are soaking wet

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2020, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet front floors

I just recently started noticing wet floors on my front driver and passenger side after a really bad rain. Also on the top sides of the doors. Has anyone found a solution?
Old April 10th, 2021, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tri243
I just recently started noticing wet floors on my front driver and passenger side after a really bad rain. Also on the top sides of the doors. Has anyone found a solution?
it is 99% likely that it’s your sunroof drains. In fact it’s most likely that anyone who posted here with water in the front, who has a sunroof, that it IS THE DRAINS! Even if you were able to pour water in the drain and see it coming out of your wheel well, it’s still the drains. What happens is there’s a small 3/8” approx tube that runs from the sunroof drain hole to the wheel well. At the top that tube connects to a rubber fitting, it’s just a push connection, rubber tube pushes into rubber fitting and chevy expected that to just work... no sealant or mechanical connection the ensure they stay connected. Just a hope and prayer.

so, even tho some of the water is making it to the tube and going to the wheel well, doesn’t mean it ALL is, I’ve found when that tube becomes fully disconnected, it will still let maybe 30% of the water out of the wheel well, the rest is leaking inside the car by flowing down the A pillar (metal frame of car between windshield and front door opening) and behind the plastic trim piece that covers the metal A pillar, the water just flows down behind there so you can’t see it. Making its way to the floor board and eventually that will spread to the entire front floor board.

there is a drain on the left and right side of the sunroof, left side drains to front driver side wheel well and Vice versa.

to repair this you need to pull down the headliner and remove the plastic trim pieces off the A pillar, find the drain tube and the rubber connector and make sure they are fitted tightly together and then use some kind of marine grade sealant to ensure they stay connected and leak free.

hope this helps .
Old May 18th, 2021, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Not always the sunroof.

Originally Posted by James Bond
it is 99% likely that it’s your sunroof drains. In fact it’s most likely that anyone who posted here with water in the front, who has a sunroof, that it IS THE DRAINS! Even if you were able to pour water in the drain and see it coming out of your wheel well, it’s still the drains. What happens is there’s a small 3/8” approx tube that runs from the sunroof drain hole to the wheel well. At the top that tube connects to a rubber fitting, it’s just a push connection, rubber tube pushes into rubber fitting and chevy expected that to just work... no sealant or mechanical connection the ensure they stay connected. Just a hope and prayer.

so, even tho some of the water is making it to the tube and going to the wheel well, doesn’t mean it ALL is, I’ve found when that tube becomes fully disconnected, it will still let maybe 30% of the water out of the wheel well, the rest is leaking inside the car by flowing down the A pillar (metal frame of car between windshield and front door opening) and behind the plastic trim piece that covers the metal A pillar, the water just flows down behind there so you can’t see it. Making its way to the floor board and eventually that will spread to the entire front floor board.

there is a drain on the left and right side of the sunroof, left side drains to front driver side wheel well and Vice versa.

to repair this you need to pull down the headliner and remove the plastic trim pieces off the A pillar, find the drain tube and the rubber connector and make sure they are fitted tightly together and then use some kind of marine grade sealant to ensure they stay connected and leak free.

hope this helps .
Had water on the floor after a heavy rain. Turns out the drain for the windshield was plugged up. Check the snorkle looking flap thing under hood. It's right below the windshield wiper bolt. Tons of water poured out! I flushed out to make sure. Hope this helps
Old August 4th, 2022, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello James:

My "not is a 2012 and I believe my water leak is from a disconnected sunroof drain tube as you have suggested.

My question is, how do I remove the headliner and from right side A Pillar trim. Are there directions for this anywhere

Thanks,
StanT
Old August 4th, 2022, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by James Bond

hope this helps .

How does one remove the A Pillar and the headliner?
Old September 22nd, 2022, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ac drain hose

I would check the ac drain hose , I was having same problem and couldn't figure out where the water was coming from then finally someone said ac drain. I literally just went outside opened hood an took it off an it was completely clogged
Old October 21st, 2022, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default We have an 08 same thing

Originally Posted by Tina
Okay so apprantly a few people have been having the same thing is me.

When it rains or there are heavy puddle of water I am finding out the next day my floor boards are completely soaking wet.

Even after it rains and I will go out with a wet vac and clean up all the water on a sunny day no rain in site here comes the soaking floor boards again. This leak is coming from somewhere, when I drive my car sometimes I can here the water swishing from side to side when I turn a corner so there is water building up somewhere and leaking into my car.

Now the previous post someone posted was the same problem and I found out that there was a problem with the 2006 Equinox Subject stated Water leak from the right side of the instrument panel during heavy rain or when going through car wash vin break points 66027135 to 66035604 now mine is 66022246 do you think maybe they cut this problem off to short.

I guess there is some kind of Plenum drain plug was manufactured from an incorrect material that does not expand enough to allow water in the cowl to drain quickly enough.

What do I do ... I made an appt to the GM Certified Autobody ship but wants to charge me $175.00 to do this diagnostic on it to tell if it was a manufacture problem I am just very frustrated because I am out of warrently but yet I have so much water in my vehicle this cant be normal. I have a little infant and the mold and the smell and the stuff probably built up under my rugs cant be good for him.

someone please tell me I am not the only one.

It's the tubes that drain water on the left side and the right side of the sunroof (facing the hood) they get plugged and have to be blown out with an air compressor
Old March 28th, 2024, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by FMFJRMGRL
You are not alone I have been having the same problem with wet carpets for 2 weeks now. Just had the chance finally to take it in today to get it checked out. Everytime I hate doing it cause it winds up costing me $300+ for a rental...
Im hoping its something minor since my warranty has been up since Sept. I can dream....
It's either the windshield or some kind of vent clog...I heard it was on motorweek on tv but cant find the show on line anyone see it and know where I can see it?

I have also been having problems since I bought the car with the battery. I have been jumped many times and towed, but no one can figure out what it is...Once I had my hazards on and it died! Brought it in still nothing...I got the dealers attention though and am going to call him when I get a minute...got to look into that lemon law...Anyone else have a prob with their battery???
Inhad issues.with the battery cause the water built.up.so.muxh it started corroding all the plus in the center consol right whrre the fuse panel.is, same.with seat. Wlt uga, the airbag sensor, the subwoofer and lots.of.other plugs that werent being used (ither options i guess, i had to go.throigh and clean (cut off unused plugs and shrink tubed the end) no more draw, also theres a porcelean diode bus bar on the rdront left frame for the headlights, this commonly cracks/arcs out and does a constant draw, soon your headlights willl come on im The middle.of the night you be high beaming ppl.but not.even.no it lol, if you dont care about the clock time.being rught install a ground disconnect to have a quick means.of disconnecting power, but look for corroded uga you have to addrewss those.regardleas, the llugs that arent even.being used with corros enough to make complet the circuit