Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Headlight Change

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2009, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Headlight Change

Has anyone had any luck actually changing their own bulbs in the headlight assembly?

I couldn't believe for the life of me how amazingly difficult it is. I took it to the dealership.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Headlight change

I was so hoping to see an answer for this. The horn isn't working on my 2007 Nox and it's behind the driver side headlight.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 9:41 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

I agree that it is an inconvenience to have to remove the headlamp assembly to replace the headlights. However, it is really quite simple though.

The owner's manual incorrectly states that you must remove the four push rivets that hold the grille on. You don't have to remove them. Just remove the four 10mm bolts that are further upward, and carefully pull the chrome (plastic) bezel off the grille & headlights. Then remove the bolts that hold each headlamp in place.
Old May 9th, 2011, 4:03 AM
CF Junior Member

yes, last poster got it right. this was the first official maintenance i had to do to this car, change one headlight. i couldnt figure it out either. i had to ask around because i didnt want to break any plastic, which we all know is very expensive to replace, and unlike metal, cant be banged, drilled, ground, welded, and slammed back into action.

so i too found that the electroplated bezel moulding across the front of the grill had to be gingerly pulled off. one clip got broken in the process, and i have yet to find a replacement, actually havent looked hard yet. another thing, i was careful after replacement, obviously, and didnt quite push it back in hard enough, and i thought the broken clip was the culprit, but after a few weeks of pushing it back in, i got a bit tougher on it, and pushed it in harder, and it snapped(in a good way) and has not come loose since. so apparently the rest of the clips hold it in just fine.

haha, ruley, did we just have 2 identical problems on our "Nox's"?

Last edited by wolfdogg; May 9th, 2011 at 4:06 AM.
Old June 11th, 2011, 7:47 AM
CF Active Member

My drivers side head light had moisture in it when I got it. Salesman told me that they'd take care of it and when I took it back in, he told me I'd have to pay for it. Since this is a G-rated forum, I won't repeat what I told him, but I found one on line for $140 and replaced it myself. It's not that bad, you just have to take your time. The little plastic clips that hold the bowtie bezel are available at your dealership for about $3.50 each. I bought four because I found three broken ones. Someone had already tried to put silicone around the headlight and apparently broke them. I have one as a spare now, just in case I have to replace a bulb and break one. As a note, I removed the four push pins and four bolts (10mm) and it made removing the bezel easier.