Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Equinox battery replacement

Need to replace the battery in this vehicle. Removed the computer and am now trying to figure out how the bracket securing the battery is removed. I removed one screw but can't figure out how the end at the frame of the vehicle is secured. Do I need to remove the plastic molding to get the bracket off?

Also, do I need to purchase a "memory saver" to preserve the electronic factory settings before I remove the positive cable?

Thank you very much for your assistance!
Old November 3rd, 2014, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery replaced-

Originally Posted by Lowelifes
Need to replace the battery in this vehicle. Removed the computer and am now trying to figure out how the bracket securing the battery is removed. I removed one screw but can't figure out how the end at the frame of the vehicle is secured. Do I need to remove the plastic molding to get the bracket off?

Also, do I need to purchase a "memory saver" to preserve the electronic factory settings before I remove the positive cable?

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Done, easy once the molding was popped off. Removed battery and all settings and electronic components were still perfect.