Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2017, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of these posts about the 2015 Equinox radio/console/bluetooth issue - I've been experiencing since I bought they car. I've probably been back and forth to the dealership in the last two years at least a dozen times. EVERY loaner they give me - I have NO ISSUES with my phone - but they keep on telling me that my phone is not compatible, at times, with my current 2015 Equinox software - even though it works at months at a time and then fails for no good reason, other than them supposedly doing software updates. My radio/console has frozen, unexpectedly and kills my battery. Sometimes it doesn't read or recognize texts and just like some of you, it just randomly says "THANK YOU, GOODBYE" when I haven't even touched or made a phone call or text! What is everybody doing about this problem?? I so darn frustrated!!!
They will NOT replace the radio because they say it shows no diagnostic problems - and that other phones work with it just fine. Does anyone know if I have legal grounds to return the vehicle, at this stage of the game, due to a LEMON LAW?

Last edited by Denise Karageorge Gaulin; March 7th, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Old March 7th, 2017, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

MRondeau - what have they done for you with your Equinox problem? I'm having the same issues and have been to my dealership probably a dozen times - we literally going around in circles and nobody wants to address my concerns. They keep on saying its my phone, blah, blah, blah! When we know it is not!!!
Old March 20th, 2017, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Bluetooth shuts down entire radio

The Bluetooth has been quirky since about the time my warrant expired. The Bluetooth works sporadically and at times once it acts up the next step is the radio and all it's components going completely silent. I am hoping Chevy has a recall or a solution. The radio quit completely the screen was blank. It was still running because the. Kline button would show but no sound even after shutting the car off. I'm afraid if this keeps happening I will be riding in silence and my battery will be dying.
Old January 30th, 2021, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default Equinox issues

2015 Equinox battery drains and needs a jump if sitting for more than 12 hrs. The old battery was replaced and the new battery was drained, the truck needs a jump to start. It seems that the Bluetooth system is staying on after the truck is turned off and locked ), I guess until it losses power. How can this issue be resolved??