Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Dear GM Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear GM Customer Service

Could you please check something for me, regarding NHTSA Bulletin # 10017551, GM TSB # 05539?

My dealer says they've never heard of a PCM failure in the 2005 Equinox, yet I see these two items exist.

Supposedly, the issue is for 2005 Equinox cars with VIN 56169386-56172972, in which the vehicle's PCM has a damaged internal chip, which effects fuel pump control and EGR outputs.

If the problem does exist, (Which I find it hard to believe I could pbtain this information, if it in fact didn't.) I'd like to know how to proceed.

Thank you.
Old January 9th, 2013, 7:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

This was a voluntary recall. Your Chevrolet dealership should be able to determine if your vehicle is included in this recall (it should be if yours is in the VIN range), and if so, whether or not your vehicle has been serviced to address this recall. They are required to do this recall service for you completely free of charge if it is determined to be necessary. If your dealership says they can't do this or gives you a tough time about it, go to another dealership.

I have attached a copy for your viewing pleasure.

recall-product-emission-pcm-integrated-circuit-chip-damage-replace-pcm-05539a-04-27-2005-.pdf

Last edited by ruley73; January 9th, 2013 at 8:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Ruley73..... I'll print it out, check my VIN and take it to them with this paperwork, if the VIN is within spec.
Old January 15th, 2013, 2:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dave1963,

I would be happy to look into this for you. Would you please PM me your VIN so I may proceed?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 16th, 2013, 5:21 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks, but not necessary. Despite dealer's claim there was no info on it, I located the NHTSA report, as well as the GM TSB, with the VIN range for issues. Mine was not in that, albeit, narrow window.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ruley73
This was a voluntary recall. Your Chevrolet dealership should be able to determine if your vehicle is included in this recall (it should be if yours is in the VIN range), and if so, whether or not your vehicle has been serviced to address this recall. They are required to do this recall service for you completely free of charge if it is determined to be necessary. If your dealership says they can't do this or gives you a tough time about it, go to another dealership.

I have attached a copy for your viewing pleasure.

Attachment 4985
is there the same list for 2006 equinox?
Old January 18th, 2013, 1:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by oleg1981
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> oleg1981,

I would happy to look into this for you. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me your VIN.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 18th, 2013, 3:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by oleg1981

Short answer: No

I attached the TSB in post 2 of this thread. If you read it you will see that only 2005 Equinox within the VIN range are included.
Old January 18th, 2013, 8:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Chevrolet Customer Service
last time when i asked you you told me that you don't have info about my car. like my car is bullet proof! LOL
Old January 18th, 2013, 8:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ruley73
Short answer: No

I attached the TSB in post 2 of this thread. If you read it you will see that only 2005 Equinox within the VIN range are included.
that why im asking if there a list for 2006. because there is only for 2005!
and 2006,2007,2008,2009 have the same problem.

Quick Reply: Dear GM Customer Service