Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Low Oil Pressure Warning

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2020, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure Warning

Hello,

This is my first post. I had a low oil pressure warning on my 07 equinox. it started after going over a large bump. The engine doesn't seem low on oil and seems to run fine (no chugging or hard starts). I'm wondering if it's a faulty oil pressure sensor - but I can't find any videos or instructions on where to find the sensor or how to get it out. Is the oil pressure sensor in the same location as the rest of the 05-09 GM trucks/SUVs?

Regardless of if this fixes the problem, I am curious to find out where this oil pressure sensor is located on my 07 Equinox.
Thanks for the help
Old February 21st, 2020, 8:15 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RedStone
Hello,

This is my first post. I had a low oil pressure warning on my 07 equinox. it started after going over a large bump. The engine doesn't seem low on oil and seems to run fine (no chugging or hard starts). I'm wondering if it's a faulty oil pressure sensor - but I can't find any videos or instructions on where to find the sensor or how to get it out. Is the oil pressure sensor in the same location as the rest of the 05-09 GM trucks/SUVs?

Regardless of if this fixes the problem, I am curious to find out where this oil pressure sensor is located on my 07 Equinox.
Thanks for the help
It's located in the middle of the engine block, between the starter and the left (front) exhaust manifold. Space is a bit tight there, but you should be able to remove the oil pressure switch without removing anything else.

Here's a video to show you. This is a 2005 Equinox w/3.4L V6, but all 2005-2009 models with the 3.4L V6 would be the same.

Last edited by ruley73; February 21st, 2020 at 8:22 PM.
Old February 21st, 2020, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

That YouTube video was the only thing I could find as well. Is this underneath the vehicle? I wish the vid was more stable and wide angle.

Old February 22nd, 2020, 9:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

It is from underneath the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
RedStone (February 22nd, 2020)
Old February 22nd, 2020, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
It is from underneath the vehicle.

great! ​​​​​I found it and got the module replaced. Pretty easy fix when all said and done, but required a few special tools and knowing where to look
Old February 9th, 2021, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2016 equinox oil pressure issues

2016 equinox awd issues 50,000 miles. The emission system has moisture in in and when it gets really cold outside, the moisture freezes and the engine cnt vent the crankcase pressure and it blows out the rear main seal. At the shop now hope it’s covered under warranty.

QUOTE=RedStone;443345]Hello,

Thanks for the help [/QUOTE]