Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Power Wiring for Inverter

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2010, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Wiring for Inverter

Does anyone know how to pass several #8 AWG from the engine compartment to the inside passanger area of a 2010 Equinox. Is there a rubber grommet under the carpet on drivers or front passanger side? The chevy Uplander had this grommet under the drivers carpet .I will power a large inverter from battery or power distribution fuse panel in the engine compartment of the Equinox . I really don`t want to drill into the firewall so i`m hoping there is a factory grommet that I can pass several wires through.. Once inside I`ll go underneath the door sill trim and take DC power wires to the rear cargo area.

Thanks allot
Bill
Old August 25th, 2010, 8:02 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

there is a big grommet on the drivers side of the dash
take the hush panel off and it should be staring you in the face
Old September 23rd, 2024, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SHAWN,
hello. I have read some of your post on here and you may be the only person who can help me. My husband has a 98 cheyenne c2500hd 5.7l v8. he replaced the ignition cylinder a few months back and has paid hell for it since. The truck was doing this thing where you could turn the switch to on getting ready to crank it and no dash lights would come on and the truck would not crank. the radio had power, the headlights came on but if those dash lights didn't come on, the truck would not crank. then after he got it to crank, it would cut off immediately. the security light comes on solid when you turn the switch to on but it goes off after a few seconds. because it was cutting off so quick, he was told he had a passlock problem. so, he installed a resistor to bypass, sometimes it worked sometimes not. it would be fine and then you would turn the key back, no dash lights, no cranking. then you could try one of a hundred tricks and eventually they came back on and the truck cranked. now he has replaced the ignition cylinder AGAIN. the truck will start but cuts right off. we did the relearn procedures but the security light only came on solid for a few seconds then cut off. no relearn worked. can you offer any help? this is the only hope we have for a vehicle right now. i have chemo three times a week and he has work. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!