Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stabilitrak, Traction Control lights ON, alone with check engine light...

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2015, 6:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buick

My check engine light has consistently been on for about 3 weeks. After my accident the message to service traction control would appear and my engine power reduce. These are the codes i received from Auto Zone P0449, P01125,P2138. How do i target my problem out of these three codes without paying a arm and a leg for someone to do a diagnostic check
Old December 28th, 2015, 1:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Coretta Washington
My check engine light has consistently been on for about 3 weeks. After my accident the message to service traction control would appear and my engine power reduce. These are the codes i received from Auto Zone P0449, P01125,P2138. How do i target my problem out of these three codes without paying a arm and a leg for someone to do a diagnostic check
Hello Coretta Washington,

We regret to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. If you would like assistance setting an appointment with a certified GM dealership to get your vehicle diagnosed, we would be happy to assist. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your VIN, contact information, and preferred dealership.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 28th, 2015, 3:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Exclamation P codes

The codes are as follows.

P0449
Evap Emission Control system vent solenoid

P1125 Throttle Position Sensor

P2138
Accelerator Pedal position sensor circuit.

Have the codes reset and let it turn the check engine light on again AND retest the error codes. Repost the codes here
John
Old December 28th, 2015, 3:30 PM
CF Junior Member

GM customer service is by far the best in the world.
Old January 4th, 2016, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Silverado same issue

I was just driving to work this morning on the highway when the check engine light came on with the Service Stabilitrack message. The engine cut power. With heavy oil transports barreling down the highway behind me this was very scary and dangerous. It is very humid and cold here so I'm hoping it is just humidity related. Fortunately we were able to limp home and take our Terrain to work. I'll try the truck when I get home tonight and see if it changes.
Old January 25th, 2016, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

I am having an issue similar to and want to know if anyone has had any luck fixing their issue yet. Mine just started Saturday 1/23/16. The lights i am getting are service stalibi Trak and my (ABS) light and the traction light all come on. I just went over 30k miles on my '12 equinox. I had tires put on my car 1/16/16 one week prior to the error appearing. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not. But i would think it would have came on the same day or sooner. I am thinking of taking it to autozone to see if they get any codes that might help me fix the issue. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Last edited by beast5593; January 25th, 2016 at 9:51 AM.
Old January 25th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by beast5593
I am having an issue similar to and want to know if anyone has had any luck fixing their issue yet. Mine just started Saturday 1/23/16. The lights i am getting are service stalibi Trak and my (ABS) light and the traction light all come on. I just went over 30k miles on my '12 equinox. I had tires put on my car 1/16/16 one week prior to the error appearing. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not. But i would think it would have came on the same day or sooner. I am thinking of taking it to autozone to see if they get any codes that might help me fix the issue. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Yes. I solved the issue in my truck. I replaced the throttle position sensor. It took 45 minutes from the time I opened the hood to the time I closed the hood. The cost of the TPS was $46 CAD. You will need an OBD-II reader to reset the error codes. These can be found at most automotive stores. Since replacing this part, my truck has been running great!

In your case, you will likely have to replace the entire throttle body unit as it seems you cannot buy just the sensor for an Equinox or terrain. This part is about $250 CAD.

I should mention that when I removed the old TPS I found that one electrical connector was broken which resulted in the intermittent error.

Last edited by Netguy1999; January 25th, 2016 at 1:09 PM.
Old January 25th, 2016, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Didnt happen till after carwash

Originally Posted by Netguy1999
Yes. I solved the issue in my truck. I replaced the throttle position sensor. It took 45 minutes from the time I opened the hood to the time I closed the hood. The cost of the TPS was $46 CAD. You will need an OBD-II reader to reset the error codes. These can be found at most automotive stores. Since replacing this part, my truck has been running great!

In your case, you will likely have to replace the entire throttle body unit as it seems you cannot buy just the sensor for an Equinox or terrain. This part is about $250 CAD.

I should mention that when I removed the old TPS I found that one electrical connector was broken which resulted in the intermittent error.
\

I should mention i helped a friend move all morning long with my equinox had no issues. Afterwards i got my car washed at one of those old (touch) carwash places. (It was free with 10gallons of gas). After the carwash the next time i drove it i noticed the abs tracation and stablitrak lights coming on and off randomly. I wonder if that caused an issue.
Old January 25th, 2016, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

\

I should mention i helped a friend move all morning long with my equinox had no issues. Afterwards i got my car washed at one of those old (touch) carwash places. (It was free with 10gallons of gas). After the carwash the next time i drove it i noticed the abs tracation and stablitrak lights coming on and off randomly. I wonder if that caused an issue.
For me, this happened when we had a very high humidity level. It is my belief that humidity is a key factor with this issue. Humidity is what would cause corrosion in electrical connections eventually leading to continuity breaks in the wiring. This could result in rust or oxidation of the contacts or wire connectors. My truck was fine for years until we some weird weather where is was very cold and very humid at the same time. Heat and humidity could have a similar effect, I believe.

Do you have an OBD-II reader? I would recommend buying one. It will tell you exactly where the problem is. You can pick a good one up for about $100.

Last edited by Netguy1999; January 25th, 2016 at 3:10 PM.
Old January 26th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi there,

If you are still stuck on finding a resolution and would like to bring this to the dealership's attention, we would be happy to help. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Service Stabilitrak, Traction Control lights ON, alone with check engine light...