Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stabilitrak, Traction Control lights ON, alone with check engine light...

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2019, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milehighmark
they engine an stabilitrac came on in my avalanche my mechanic checked it out, all it was was a vacuum leak
id your avalanche run rough and rough shifting and loosing power when yr light came on
Old December 26th, 2019, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service stabillitrak traction light on flashing check engine light

We have a 2012 Chevy equinox ltz and service stabillitrak traction light flashing check engine light and running very rough. Just all of a sudden happened. Any suggestions on diagnosis.
Old January 2nd, 2020, 3:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Traction Control problem and Engine Light

Originally Posted by lvbrown@liberty.edu
File your safety complaint about GM's starting/ignition/Stabilitrak/reduced power problems at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ - If GM won't acknowledge problems, maybe NHTSA can "help them" acknowledge them...
I have a 2017 GMC Terrain with approximately 66,000 kilometres on it.
Had to take it in to the dealership as the Traction Control Light would come on reducing my speed to 40 kilometres per hour, and as well the engine light came on. The dealership scanned the vehicle and concluded that the sensor in the gas pedal was defective and replaced the accelerator pedal assembly.
i mentioned that my problem had lasted about 3 days and the last 2 days before it was brought in I had no problems. It has only been about 3 days since the sensor replacement and no problems so far. I am hoping this ordeal is over with.
Kinda pissed with GM as I was not covered under warranty and I feel that the sensor should have lasted longer. Aside from that there is the safety factor that’s involved when your on a busy highway and your speed is immediately reduced.
GM. - Where’s your brains ? There should be a recall on this matter !
I’m still not sure if it is fixed - time will tell. I would like to by another GM vehicle but the outcome of this matter will certainly decide my future purchase!

Old January 14th, 2020, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Traction Control problem and Engine Light

We have an 2010 Equinox LTZ with the V6 and it was a good vehicle up until this past year. The Check engine light came on along with the Traction system light. We also noticed it was running a little rough now and then and appeared to have intermittent issues shifting when going down large hills. The quick work around for the shifting was to shift into Neutral then back into Drive.

Now I understand its 10/11 years old now but it's garage kept and my wife doesn't run it hard. It only has about 93k miles on it.

As for the Check engine light and traction light the local garage checked the codes and found O2 sensor issues and some other codes that pointed them to a fuel regulator or some type up under the hood. They said it was dumping excess fuel down into the engine. We had that changed and the codes cleared and the car appeared to run well for a week then the check engine light came back on and was occasionally running rough. Now we live in Western PA and it's winter so it does get a little cold.

After doing a ton of research and reading this entire Thread (along with some others) I decided to inspect and re-seat all the sensor connections as well as the ECM connections. I also ran a quarter of a can of Intake cleaner through the throttle body while the car was idling. Low an behold the indicator lights turned off, the codes cleared, and 1 day later none of them have come back. Also the vehicle is driving and behaving as I would expect.

Now I know a lot of people have talked about the Dielectric grease but I didn't go that route because technically it is an insulator so I'm not sure I want to hinder my electrical connections any more than they already are. I didn't see any corrosion on any of the sensor connections so I'm going to stay away from that option for now. I'll keep you all posted.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 chevy equinox power reduced

2015 equinox power reduced
Message and throttle bottle and high pressure fuel pump replaced. Cam position sensor also replaced. Still same issue. Choppy ideal and won't drive over 30 mph. I'm a mechanic and lost. P228d is the code it's showing
Old November 3rd, 2021, 10:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I also had the dreaded EGR valve code. Ordered one on RockAuto and replaced it and code went away. So far so good. Noticed that the aftermarket EGR valve hose was made of a thinner gauge metal and when bending it to fit the hose nearly kinked and collapsed. Afterwards was told by a mechanic to always order Delco OE parts when possible. Just like the old saying " You get what you pay for".
Old November 3rd, 2021, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bearbait
I also had the dreaded EGR valve code. Ordered one on RockAuto and replaced it and code went away. So far so good. Noticed that the aftermarket EGR valve hose was made of a thinner gauge metal and when bending it to fit the hose nearly kinked and collapsed. Afterwards was told by a mechanic to always order Delco OE parts when possible. Just like the old saying " You get what you pay for".
what kinda car was this done one?
Old November 4th, 2021, 8:35 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It is a 2008 Equinox V-6 FWD
Old April 29th, 2022, 1:07 AM
CF Beginner

I've have my s*** 2002 Chevy equinox reduced power I it throttles fine it idles fine but whenever I put it in gear it won't the RPMs won't go past two RPMs and I put it in gear and it it goes real slow and then it stops it dies out but idle is fine I just don't know what to do.