Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stability Traction and Check Engine light code P0300

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2014, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Service Stability Traction and Check Engine light code P0300

hello everyone. i have this concern , the problem with my car started a week ago the car loses power when accelerating, and makes a noise in the engine sounds like a diesel engine , the check engine diagnostic code P0300 Indicates a random or multiple misfire. my question is, I have to change spark plugs?
and there is any relationship between these problems with the code p0300 the traction stability and engine noise? Car info. 2012 equinox LT AWD 6 cyl 3.0 with 89,000 miles
Attached Thumbnails Service Stability Traction and Check Engine light code P0300-20141222_143111.jpg  
Old March 30th, 2018, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem please how did you resolve it . Thank you very much for your answer.
Old April 5th, 2018, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem 2010, 70,000 miles

Originally Posted by CRASHSHOP
Hello, I have the same problem please how did you resolve it . Thank you very much for your answer.
Been having same trouble. I replaced all 4 cam shaft sensors and no better. Afraid to go to dealer and get robbed. Going to get it scanned by a friend's that will break it down to the "real" problem.
Old July 11th, 2020, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default From guitarz1

I have a 2008 Uplander LS with the 3.9L Flex Fuel engine and I think I have found a way to fix the service ABS, traction control, stability system warning light. It seems related to the amount of brake fluid in the master cylinder reservoir under the hood. If the fluid level is slightly below or above the max marked line on the reservoir - the warning lights come on. It seems to be a very temperature sensitive sensor in this system. Let me explain my findings. It is a cramped engine compartment and in the summer under warm hot conditions the brake fluid slightly expands, bringing the fluid level slightly higher than the max line and then triggering the sensor. In the fall, when it starts getting cooler, the brake fluid level slightly contracts - bringing the fluid level just below line - hence also triggering the sensor. You must maintain the fluid level and then there seems to be no issue. If there is too much fluid, siphon some off with a straw. If there is too little -ad a few drops to top it up. You can buy brake fluid for like $10. Also I noticed that some brake fluid evaporates in the summer and you may have to top up again. I can go for several weeks to a few months without the warning lights coming on by doing what I just mentionned. My brakes work fine. I do like this van very much and find it powerful and comfortable to drive - it just has a buggy electrical system. I hope this helps people. At least try it out - before you go and have expensive repairs done. Cheers. Also if you have charging error messages - shut off the timer on your interior lights and the problem is solved!
Old May 9th, 2021, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Hello, did either of you ever resolve this P0300 Equinox issue? I have been fighting the same problem you describe. Car runs fine, after fully warmed up and you stop in a store for about 1/2 hour, leave, car will lose power, stumble, CEL flashes, and service stability track/lights come on. I also replaced all four cam sensors per the service bulletin and frequently run Techron cleaner. 2012 3.0, just turned 70k miles.
Old May 9th, 2021, 6:58 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

Something you might consider,
See if you can stop someplace like Autozone, who will get the codes from your vehicle's computer usually at no charge. Just don't buy anything , yet.

If you want to, post the code here and we should hopefully, be able to offer some guidance. Can you do this ?

What we are looking for is some direction to go checking. There could be several reasons for a P0300 code. The right way to do this is to have the codes in the computer erased and start anew. The reason we do this is to make sure there are no old codes left in the computer that may no longer apply AND to confirm the problem is still present and current. You might inquire if their scanner can pull up MODE 6 info, which should tell us which cyl has a problem and how often it is taking place, all important to know.
Old May 9th, 2021, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, Ridgeway495, I have a Montana SV6, I have purchased an OBDLink MX+ to find out the main reason for my traction control and ABS light on is, the front right wheel hub speed sensor problem. However, the wheel hub has only been used for 6 months. Checking the connection or replace the hub again could get the problem solved. For your problem, Instead of finding a shop to check it, which usually costs $100 bucks, I suggest you just go and buy an MX+ to check it out yourself. That thing will check your vehicle and download the chevy database to your phone to show you what P0300 exactly means and, you can use it until it is broken.
Old May 9th, 2021, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default OBDLink MX+ Could find out what the problem is

Originally Posted by Ridgeway495
Hello, did either of you ever resolve this P0300 Equinox issue? I have been fighting the same problem you describe. Car runs fine, after fully warmed up and you stop in a store for about 1/2 hour, leave, car will lose power, stumble, CEL flashes, and service stability track/lights come on. I also replaced all four cam sensors per the service bulletin and frequently run Techron cleaner. 2012 3.0, just turned 70k miles.
I have a Montana SV6, the problem found was the right front speed sensor, which the hub is only 6 months old, with nothing to do with the engine. For your problem, instead of going to a shop to check it and pay $100, I suggest you use that money to buy an MX+, it checks the whole vehicle including the power seat, and will also download the Chevy database to your phone to show what exactly P0300 means. Do not use ELM327, as that thing might not work as expected.