Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stabilitract, traction control, ABS

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2015, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitract, traction control, ABS

I have a 2009 Equinox and My service stabilitract, service traction control and ABS lights have been coming on together. I took it to the shop last week and they put new tires on. Said my wheel berrings looked fine. It fixed it for a week. Now the lights are back on and the car is still driving fine. I went by my mechanic and he scanned it and said it was the right rear speed sensor which usually means a wheel betting but they had jut checked them last week. What could it be?

Last edited by sjmclendon; March 25th, 2015 at 5:02 PM. Reason: Add information
Old March 26th, 2015, 1:26 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

It could be a bad right rear wheel speed sensor or a problem with the wiring associated with it. There isn't much to "check" with regard to the bearing or the speed sensor. They are either working or not working. A bearing usually makes noise that varies with speed & load when they go bad. Checking for excessive play in the bearing is not a reliable indicator of whether or not they are good/bad. I've replaced at least a dozen hub assemblies on my own vehicles over the years. They all made noise when driving down the road. All but one didn't feel loose upon inspection. The sensor can be replaced without replacing the wheel bearing/hub assembly, but might as well be replaced if the bearing is bad. Many new bearings come with a new sensor.