Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2000 chevy express 1500 fuel pump relay question

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2021, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 chevy express 1500 fuel pump relay question

This is a long story, so I appolize now. This started with the van (2000 chevy express 1500 4.3L) stalling. Took it to the shop and they said a bad fule pump relay, was over heating. Replaced it and things were fi e for a while. Few weeks later, dies on the highway. Towed it back I, said bad fuel pump. Replaced it and it started fine. Minutes later, it blow the eng-1 fuse while on the road. Had it towed home, and with the help of this forum, began looking for a short in anything that was connected to that fuse. Got it running again, got about 5 miles, fuse blew again. Another tow.

Here's where I need some help with an answer. After days of searching again, I found an issue in the underhood fuse center. The connector for pin #30 for the fuel pump relay was pushed down and almost out. I managed to use my finger to pry it up, but won't stay, so I held it in place and plugged the relay back in. Start, runs fine to opetati g temp. I'm afraid to drive it again, not knowing.

Does that fuel pump relay (pin 30 is the switch side for the fule pump, not the relay trigger) have anything to do with that fuse? I am not able to find any information on that. I just want to see if anyone has an idea if I found the PITA issue of the blowing fuse. I checked everything else..

Any input would be appreciated.. Thanks
Fuel pump relay
Old July 18th, 2021, 8:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

not sure I understand the question.
What i can tell you is the fuse and relay are external parts connected by a metal network in the ubec.

the fuse my diagram shows feeding the fuel pump relay is the ecm B fuse not the eng 1 fuse. the factory diagram shows the fuse feeding pin 87 and pin 30 a direct output to the fuel pump.

in "short"...if you are trying to solve why the fuse is blowing ....find a power distribution diagram and see what else the fuse feeds....the short may be from another circuit.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (July 18th, 2021)