Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2004 High-Top Chevy Express 1500 Leans

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2018, 5:20 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 High-Top Chevy Express 1500 Leans

This van has under 100k miles and everything is great except for this problem. It is most noticeable in curves, but is also noticable with the slightest road slope -- both of which are MUCH worse than I experienced a couple of years ago. I replaced the shocks with GM Orig Equipment for the first time about 18 months (about 10k miles) ago but the problem continues to get worse. My allignment shop tells me that all steering and suspension parts look fine. The Firestone Destination LE2's are about a year old and have around 8k miles on them. Prior to this it had the prior version of these (Firestone Destination LE's).
What could the problem be?
Old March 18th, 2018, 8:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

check stabilizer bar links. they can rust out. Or sagged out springs. Your high center of gravity makes things worse.
Old March 19th, 2018, 5:58 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
check stabilizer bar links. they can rust out. Or sagged out springs. Your high center of gravity makes things worse.
Thanks. Will do. Also, will the addition of a rear stabalizer bar make it handle even better and also in high wind situations and with semi's blowing it around on interstates?
Old March 19th, 2018, 6:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

yes it would. but beware that it also limits the amount travel in your suspension, making it easier to get stuck in holes etc.