Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 Chevy Express Cargo Van Power Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2020, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Chevy Express Cargo Van Power Window Switch Wiring

I have an 08 Chevy Express Cargo Van. My issue is the power window switch on the driver's side. The wires were clipped when i got it. I put it back together and it was working fine. However, recently two of the crimp-on wire connectors failed. So I had four open wires: dark green, brown, light blue, and dark blue. At one point I accidentally touched two of the wrong wires together and smoke appeared, and, no more power. I don't have a circuit tester. Did I more likely fry the motor or the switch? I don't think it could be the fuse, because the passenger's side window is working fine, and according to the floor console fuse box, there is only 1 fuse for both windows.
Also, you'll see I used a blue butt splice wire connector. Would anyone recommend a standard twist-on wire connector instead? Thanks!
Old March 28th, 2020, 6:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

No. Applying 12V to a motor won't fry it. It will just make it run. Fuses are there precisely to prevent damage from shorts. More likely you just tripped a breaker.

Do not use marrettes/wire nuts on stranded wire.

It sounds like you desperately need wiring diagrams. Run out and get yourself a Hanes manual or search the internet.