Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

305 Manifold

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2022, 12:20 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 305 Manifold

Hi All,

Hopefully one of you Chevy gurus can help me with a question I have about the 305 throttle body inlet mainifold.
I have 1991 G20 Chevy Van in Australia that has been converted to right-hand drive. I am in the process of replacing the factory radiator which is falling to bits, with an aftermarket aluminum radiator with thermo fans.
While disconnecting the coolant hoses I found one of the hoses goes from a spout on the radiator to a port on the back of the inlet manifold.

I asked some friends that have more car knowledge than myself if they knew what this hose was used for, and they did not know. there aren't too many Chevrolets over here so I don't know any experts on these engines

As the new radiator I have purchased does not have this outlet on it I was hoping to delete this hose if it is not necessary.
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this hose is?

I thought it may have been a coolant line to the heater core. as I do not have any hoses connected to my heater core.
When my van was converted to right-hand drive they have cut the hose lines to the heater core and left them poking out of the firewall.

Thanks in advance