Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Best up grades done (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/best-up-grades-done-85622/)

Teammuir1 June 26th, 2018 5:49 AM

STAN
I have thought about testing each wire.. ( back probing )... for continuity...
but I have not had much time with this schedule I am now on....to do much
when I get home from work....
I know I know ... people say make time... lol so the best thing I can
do is order the connectors... and cut and soldier the wires... at least I know
then that I have new connectors for future ..... I believe after looking at the
wires if it has a broken one it would be right were the wire enters the connector.

Teammuir1 July 4th, 2018 8:52 AM

HAPPY 4th Of JULY EVERYONE.....

2 Attachment(s)
Back at it again today.. I have still have not had any time to diagnose the van until this morning.....
I replaced the IAC motor off of one from my buddies Junk Yard...... ( NO FIX )..........I wasted
a Full can of Carburator Cleaner ... looking for a suspected vacume leak... ( THERE WASNT ONE ).
and as much as I could not bring myself to believe ..... that I needed to replace the harness...
I actually cut a harness from the same van in the junk yard...... and spliced it into my harness...
STAN..... I am not a believer.... and you will have to just except the fact that these wires
are JUNK.... My van now starts and idles smoothly just like before... I left the junk yard IAC
motor on the van .... so I have now an extra.. but before you go throwing money away....
REPLACE THE WIRES and PLUG to the IAC motor....

StanVan July 4th, 2018 3:11 PM

I wouldn't say you were wrong, because in many ways, YOU DA MAN. But consider the possibility that there was corrosion inside the plug. There are only a couple factors that lead to bad wires. Higher current that the wire will handle, or close proximity to the battery(and therefore acid). Either way, Ya Done Good, and fixed it. I hope you thought to use dielectric grease in the plug, and if not, it's not too late to go back and do that.

And a Happy Independence Day to you and yours. I'll be celebrating quietly at home, as I am an old fart, and have a nervous dog.

Teammuir1 July 11th, 2018 9:01 PM

The heat we have been having has set me back from working more on the van...
I have many things to still complete... besides my van I have many upgrades to
still install on my GMC Sierra truck as well....
I just wish this heat would let up....

StanVan July 11th, 2018 11:01 PM

I'm with ya on that. I can't even do stuff inside, as I'm in the middle of my second summer cold. About all I can muster is my keyboard skills. But I did have TWO naps today, so I got that goin' for me.

Teammuir1 July 15th, 2018 8:30 AM

HEY STAN.. hope you get to feeling better bud...... if it isnt the HEAT.... now its RAIN.....
I had this day marked down... for working on both VAN and TRUCK ...
well I hope it does NOT rain all day...... but in high site... We really do need the rain....
our grass is crunchy.. lol

Teammuir1 July 22nd, 2018 11:10 AM

Hey Stan... are ya feeling any better ????

Ive been working on GMC Sierra.. and its really looking good.... IMO.... but I posted
over on the truck part of the forum... kinda like here ... BEST UP GRADES DONE ( PART 2 ) ... lol
and there is NO FEED BACK AT ALL>>> LMAO... I guess those guys over there
just dont fix up their vehicles.. lol.... any ways...
hope your doing better...

StanVan July 22nd, 2018 7:05 PM

Much better. Unfortunately, I've had a backlog of other projects in the way, and weather not cooperating doesn't help.

So, what is the Chevy version of a Sierra? And might the problem be that it's not a Chevy? Just sayin'.

Teammuir1 July 24th, 2018 5:31 AM

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/199...02/#post359862

That shouldnt be the problem...
regardless of chevy or GMC..... should be no different like here in this fine forum....

check out the new lighting system I installed .... sure makes a world of difference in appearance....

Glad your feeling better though....

StanVan July 24th, 2018 7:59 AM

I thought your truck was as red as your van. You're right, though. They seem rather non-plused over there. But let's face it, a truck will never be as cool as a van.:D