Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Chevrolet City Express

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2017, 12:28 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chevrolet City Express

So anyone have one these little buggers? I cam considering a City Express as a commuter and light work van. Wondering how they are in the snow and the comfort of the seats.
Old August 28th, 2017, 4:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greenfire
Wondering how they are in the snow and the comfort of the seats.
I don't want to be mean, but who designs these things, some computer no doubt. I guess all the car manufacturers are getting in on this special kind of look . No offense though, if you like it, get one .

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/att...1&d=1503954982
Attached Thumbnails Chevrolet City Express-screen-shot-2017-08-28-5.12.33-pm.png  
Old August 28th, 2017, 5:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is actually a rebagged Nissan NV200. Other options are the Ram(Fiat) Promaster City or Ford Transit Connect. Mercedes Metris is a bit bigger. I would be a little more enthused with AWD.
Old March 21st, 2021, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my City Express. I use it to haul my video equipment and my German Shepherd. I have close to 100,000 very trouble free miles, it is very simple and easy to work on. Parts are cheap as it is really a Nissan NV200 (fleet type vehicle) with Chevy badging. Great gas mileage and it is not recommended for towing, all though I have towed a small utility trailer and my boat small distances, I wouldn't want to over work the CVT transmission.
The seats are firm and durable, as they are designed for jumping in and out for deliveries. The driver sits much higher than the other in-class vans available.
It is terrible in snow with the stock tires, as they are very small and there is little ground clearance. I purchased mounted studded snows and though they are noisy it greatly improves snow and ice conditions, I have had no issues in upstate NY winters.
It was super cheap and the LT model has some creature comforts up front. It does have IMHO better styling than the NV200 but it is basically a utility vehicle. Mine is black with chrome trim and looks great polished up.
I have never tried but it supposedly has room in the cargo area to fork in 2 regular sized loaded pallets.
I believe 2015 was the last year Chevy offered.

Old March 21st, 2021, 8:24 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Guessing the OP probably bought something back in 2017 when he posted this.