Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??

Got my first bowtie, and I like it! Already added in the towing hitch and wiring, added several more 12v plugs for my daughters MANY electronic devices, added aftermarket remote start, keeping busy!

I have a 2012 express 12 passenger LT, I see up front the ambient air temperature sensor, but do not have the temp displayed in the driver information center. If my research is correct, it should be on the same display set with the odometer and compass display.

Questions:
Should I have the temp displayed or is that even an option on the Express DIC?

If I should have it displayed, should I see it with the compass display?

If I should have it, can it be that the BCM is not programmed to display it? (That I assume would be a dealer issue, least I am still under the 3/36, just wanted more information before going into dealer)

Dome light... It is programmed to turn off automatically after 10 minutes, can this time be changed, at night, removing groceries from van, 10 min is not enough time.. Is this a BCM / Dealer item again?

Thanks everybody ahead of time for your help!

R

Last edited by rdw123; March 25th, 2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old March 25th, 2013, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

I also have a 2012 Express 12-pass LT, recently purchased.

Mine does display the temperature above the compass in the DIC, just like you are suggesting. Unfortunately all I can do is confirm that. I don't know anything about making it display or changing the dome light timer.
Old March 25th, 2013, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

my compass reading is on the top line of my 2 line(?) display and it does show the compass on several different information pages, but always on the top line. is your compass above or below the temp? I have seen images where it says "odometer" above the odometer reading, but mine has the numbers on the top line. Will go get an image...
Attached Thumbnails Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??-20130325_185504.jpg   Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??-20130325_185530.jpg   Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??-20130325_185519.jpg  

Last edited by rdw123; March 25th, 2013 at 6:15 PM. Reason: images...
Old March 26th, 2013, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

All of my screens look the same as what you've shown except for the temperature display. I just went out and looked. I was wrong about the order of temperature vs compass. My compass is on the top, same as yours. Mine also doesn't display the word "odometer".
Attached Thumbnails Dome lights and outside ambient temperature display ??-p1000578_resize.jpg  
Old March 26th, 2013, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input! Well, next time I am in the dealer, I will have them check. I would assume I should have the temp displayed as well in the LT package, and the sensor is up front.

Not that big a deal, but at least it is under warranty! They already fixed the rear window defrost, was not connected from the factory, but the van was a rental before me in Mississippi and probably did not need it.