Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

radio's

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2013, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio's

hey all, I have a 08 express 3500 ext cargo with a stock am/fm clock radio. I was looking at the GM 6 disc,am/fm with m3p jack. They say that it will install in the pass van but not cargo, any one know anything bout this? Also is this truck pre wired for the steering wheel radio controls?
Old March 26th, 2013, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do read that there are some computer programming items with upgrading to a better OEM radio that the dealer may have to do for proper sound etc.

Looking up the schematic for my 2012 3500 Passenger, it shows that the cruse control (RPO K34) and the radio controls (RPO W1Y) only are there when the item was in the vehicle build, BUT we all know that they could be there anyway.

If you are totally bored, here is the link to your full electrical diagram set (it says for upfitters, but seems to be the full set!)
http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/2...n_Elec_D8a.pdf
(page c10) shows the steering column main connectors, but I do not see the radio in it, maybe as an accessory, it is in a separate cable?

here is the general link to the site, TONS of info!
GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals

I went to the dealer with my VIN and asked the service department if they could print out a build sheet for me and the did (no cost) That helped alot to know exactly what RPO codes I specifically have.

They might also be able to tell you what may have to be done to upgrade the radio... especially if they have to reprogram anything (and of course how much $ to do so..)

r
Old March 29th, 2013, 1:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Go after market. It will cost way more in bullsh*t dealing with the theftlock nonsense than its worth. Any aftermarket deck will be far superior in every way than a stock unit.