Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Double DIN Install Kits for 96-07 Express

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2018, 12:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wishing we were local to each other so I could help. I'm familiar with RF, so installing an antenna is easy for me. But that's what you need to do. Maybe a stock Sirius antenna is the way to go. Maybe one from your local junk yard?
Old October 27th, 2018, 7:12 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

STAN I sure like that idea of a stock antenna ... I would like the style of the new ones that are on the roofs of the newer vans....
I am curious to know.. if they would work though,.,, or could we make it work ? I didnt think those type of antenna liked
wires being spliced to them... or do they need special type of wire ? has any one here actually installed one of the newer
style antennas on a van ? STAN.. see whatcha do ... got my wheels turning again... and you know I have a great
local Junk Yard... ( guess its time to go check out whats New in the Yard ) ...... this just leads to more questions... lol
Old October 27th, 2018, 3:31 PM
CF Veteran

You don't want to splice coax like that. You'll want to take cable and all. I'm not familiar with these specifically, but if there's a connector at the antenna, that'll make it easier. Then, we can make up a cable with the correct connectors on each end.
Old October 28th, 2018, 11:14 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that makes since...
I will check them out sometime this week....
once this crazy rain stops here.
Old October 28th, 2018, 4:24 PM
CF Veteran

That's probably a good idea. These antennae are sensitive to moisture more than others.
Old October 29th, 2018, 7:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remote start/bypass module fit under my head unit...I'll pick a spot for the switch later..