Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fixing up a 2000 Express 3500 LS 15 Passenger

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2015, 6:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flushing the brake fluid is an often neglected maintenance item so collect 'style points' for being the one person out of a hundred who will do it.

I had a shop do mine as ABS systems are not always 'user friendly' when bleeding brakes.
<script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script>
Old July 27th, 2019, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to change a light harness (assembly) in the back of a 2010 Chevrolet 15 passenger van. The panel needs to come off, I believe, and I do not want to break the clips. What is the secret to releasing the clip to take the panel off?
Old July 27th, 2019, 7:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Welcome. In a forum, you should not dig up and reply to somebody else's 2015 post about a 2000 van, to post about your panel clip question. You should instead click on "New Thread".

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; July 27th, 2019 at 9:06 PM.
Old July 27th, 2019, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mp2140
I hadn't thought of the idea of splinting the breaks in the plastic. I'm going to give that a try. Paint stir sticks would be an ideal size. One thing I did try is bonding some of the plastic hooks back on to the door panel using ABS glue. It works really well. I know with ABS pipe the glue actually chemically welds the joint together. It's done the same to the door panel. The retaining hooks are as strong or stronger than the ones that were still intact on the panel. I've used other JB Weld products and like them. I'll have to give their epoxy a try. Thanks.
One of the best 2 part epoxy is plexus do a little research to find out what is going to work best but hands down it's amazing they have it in different colors and it might seem a little expensive it's not I promise you will use it on every thing but be sure the parts are where they need to be when doing it cause it's not coming apart it is also like the abs pipe glue by chemically addhearing put baking soda or fiberglass shavings with it for filler type projects good luck and take care