Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

fuel filler hose leak and ground connection Qs

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2012, 8:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tbb2
I looked for the filler pipe recall on-line but have not found anything.

Is the recall for the check engine light or the fuel filler pipe?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am not showing a recall regarding this issue, however, please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM if you prefer), so I can look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 6th, 2012, 6:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The check engine light' is a symptom of the bad fuel fill pipe, so I would say it should be under fuel fill pipe. My guess is the check engine light comes on because it is drawing air through the rusted pipe instead of the vented fuel cap. My dealer had me replace my fuel cap as a first attempt to fix the problem.
Old October 8th, 2012, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received safety recall letter for fuel filler pipe. Call customer service for refund or free repair 1800-204-0261
Old February 14th, 2013, 9:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fuel filler pipe recall

I found a posted recall on the fuel filler pipe - BUT - it wasn't for cars in my state (??!!). After some irate questioning on why not all vehicles were covered, I was contacted some months later by letter from Chevrolet with forms to fill out for the fuel filler pipe recall.

I delivered the forms to my local Chevy Dealer where I purchased the parts and was reimbursed a couple weeks later.

Hallelujah
Old March 25th, 2013, 5:54 AM
CF Beginner

too bad you had to go through all of the hassle to get a response for the recall but at least you were finally successful. I guess the LH door option wasn't a very good idea, they don't offer it any more.
Old March 27th, 2013, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem. Contact your local dealer..There is recall on the gas filler. There is a corrosion hole. I had mine replaced at no charge
Old March 27th, 2013, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

I found a posted recall on the fuel filler pipe - BUT - it wasn't for cars in my state (??!!). After some irate questioning on why not all vehicles were covered, I was contacted some months later by letter from Chevrolet with forms to fill out for the fuel filler pipe recall.

I delivered the forms to my local Chevy Dealer where I purchased the parts and was reimbursed a couple weeks later.

Hallelujah
ii also received a form. The form is for a refund if you've already had the work done.

Old March 27th, 2013, 8:02 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I looked for the filler pipe recall on-line but have not found anything.

Is the recall for the check engine light or the fuel filler pipe?
------

Fuel Filler Pipe.

I have gotten a letter from Chevrolet and been able to get a refund for my purchase from a Chevrolet dealer.
Old March 28th, 2013, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Is anyone having problem with their passenger "curb" doors? I narrowTed it down to the hindges w/ an estimate of 1200 bucks. Does anyone know of a recall?| Was driving one day and the door swung open. MY KID COULD'VE GOT KILLED!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DTrucker1
Is anyone having problem with their passenger "curb" doors? I narrowTed it down to the hindges w/ an estimate of 1200 bucks. Does anyone know of a recall?| Was driving one day and the door swung open. MY KID COULD'VE GOT KILLED!
You can buy new grease able replacement door hinge pins for $20

Quick Reply: fuel filler hose leak and ground connection Qs