Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Heater blowing cold.

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater blowing cold.

I bought a cherry '95 (66k miles, the drivers chair feels the same as the other 3 captains chairs) G20 this Summer, decked out mighty nice. Auto reverse cassette, TV, VHS, 4 way ambient lighting, 4 captains chairs, massage seats, reclining bench/ bed in the back, etc.

To the point: Now that the Midwest Autumn has arrived, I notice that the heater blows cool air. Sustainable for now, but unacceptable come winter.

Any sage advice out there on this one?

Peace!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Heater blowing cold.-sherrod-you-.jpg  
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Several things here. What is the coolent temp at operating temp? Does it blow air out all vents or just defrost, or just in one outlet, i.e. floor vents? Is the heater hoses warm/hot when at temp? Need these inpute to continue.
Old October 9th, 2012, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response Kevinkpk. Might take another day or so before I can get these answered (not the daily driver).

I'll let you know.

Mike
Old November 16th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

I figured it out. The heat blows when I have it set on vent. So I guess there are some input hoses transposed.
Old October 16th, 2019, 4:27 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2015 Chevrolet camaro convertible, a body shop put a new bumper on the car, then i noticed my heater was blowing cool air. Found out there is a rear compartment fuse box with the fuse F28 that is the Air Condition/Heater Ventilation fuse, wondering if they disconnected that fuse box some way, or the fuse is blown after the rear bumper installation, the gut who installed the new bumper says its my thermostat stuck open
Old February 29th, 2020, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

99 chevy tahoe LS I'm not getting heat when heat is off the temp will get to like 150 once I turn on the heat the temp gauge goes down to like 120-130 nothing but cold air...i changed thermostat already but nothing changed..help please!?
Old February 29th, 2020, 1:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

make sure there is enough coolant and you get rid of trapped air.

Also, try the Tahoe section.
No idea why people are posting random vehicles in the Van section.
Old March 1st, 2020, 8:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I discovered recently that many late model vehicles have a door that opens and closes when you turn the temp **** on the dash board. The opening and closing is what dictates the temp of the air coming out the inside vents. A mechanic informed me that many vehicles have had issues with the door not closing entirely thus allowing cold air in the heater compartment which reduces the temp of the hot air that is suppose to come into the vehicle. You would have to remove the cover from the compartment that houses the small radiater that is suppose to supply hot air to the inside of the vehicle and operate the temp control **** to determine if the door is closing completely and tightly.