Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Help Shopping for Express 1500 Wheels for 96'?

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Shopping for Express 1500 Wheels for 96'?

I have a 96' Express conversion 1500 van and really wanna try to find some new wheels for it. I'm not sure what to look for exactly...i know i can buy new but id rather find a pair on Craigslist or something like that to save some $.

Thing is, i dont really know what to look for or how to hunt for them...any help would be appreciated.

thanks everyone
Old December 11th, 2012, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that most aftermarket alloys are the wrong offest for the Chevy vans. Perhaps less of an issue of you are not running close to gross weight all the time like my camper.

My advice would be to stick to OE Chevy wheels. Alloy or steel.

I just shipped some (correct offset & load rating) 16x7 steel Silverado wheels to the UK for my 2003 Express Roadtrek. eBay has a good selection at reasonable cost. (International shipping and import tax was 3 times the purchase cost)
Old December 15th, 2012, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRob
I did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that most aftermarket alloys are the wrong offest for the Chevy vans. Perhaps less of an issue of you are not running close to gross weight all the time like my camper.

My advice would be to stick to OE Chevy wheels. Alloy or steel.

I just shipped some (correct offset & load rating) 16x7 steel Silverado wheels to the UK for my 2003 Express Roadtrek. eBay has a good selection at reasonable cost. (International shipping and import tax was 3 times the purchase cost)
I appreciate the reply. I am somewhat worried because this van pulls a pretty heavy boat here n' there so i dont wanna cut any corners...it seems that his year with the 5 lugs rather than 6 is hard to find a match for..