Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

How to remove seats from 1990 G20 van?

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2022, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Gilliard
removing the second row anchor for captain chairs. I finally figured it out and thank you William. I at the time didn't have a second hand. So what I did was to put vice grips on the bolts inside the bolt inside the van. This worked probably because I still had the carpet in. After getting the first anchor out and seeing how it worked, I found the much simpler way, especially if you may want to put the seats back in at sometime. You pull the pin up and hold it in the up position. I also did this with vice grips. Then I took a screwdriver and put in the square hole with the little metal piece you can see. ( Note the little metal is only being used as a guide). But I put it up against the frame of the anchor in that whole and hammered it until the anchor frame began rotate. After it stops rotating you just lift it off. There you will find the flat play the swivel base is anchored to which is were the bolts are attached to that go from inside the van to underneath. I decided to put the one I took out back in and leave them be because they keep the carpet even and you don't have to thoroughly fill in the bolt holes. Thanks again for the responses I received. Hope this helps out others.
so I’m stumped when you say put a screwdriver in the hole and use a hammer? What hole? There’s a slot on both side of the pin but using that all I’m hitting is the base and now the pin won’t go back down. Pics would help if you can. TIA
Old October 3rd, 2022, 4:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Possible it's a different type of seat anchor.
Old October 4th, 2022, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
Possible it's a different type of seat anchor.
got it done. Easy once you know how. Pull the pin and with the help of a block of wood and a hammer it spins off.
Old October 6th, 2022, 6:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I took the seats out of my 94 G 20 I had to have a wrench on the bottom. The bolts are long and fine threaded. If possible cut the excess length off from underneath so it doesn't take as long. soak with PB Blaster and put some grease in the threads to it's easier to turn.