Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

I glad my van sits high

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2019, 9:02 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I glad my van sits high

I don't know what I was thinking today. In leaving a Commercial Manufacturing Plant today, instead of backing out into the direction I wanted to face like I usually do in leaving there, I backed up maybe eight feet, turned my wheels to the left and drove forward right off a ten inch curb, right off into a loading bay. Boom as the front wheels lost ground and then reconnected. Oops, that's embarrassing, may as well keep going, boom as the rear wheels lose ground and then reconnect. I drove away looking at what I had just driven off and I began wondering about my underbody. I didn't hear anything hit, but I was momentarily concerned for my spare auxiliary batteries and exhaust. A couple blocks down the road I pulled over and looked. I just came conclude that the truck simply sits too high off the ground to have been affected. I didn't even break my mud flaps. Perhaps if I was going slower and slowly dropped straight off they might have caught and broke, but all was good. I don't like doing that to my truck. It's too good of a way to loosen everything up. I probably did enough damage driving on paved rough roads on a trip this Summer.

Anyways, I may have, or may not have distorted my alignment. It was never bang on, I know at least one tire is a little low, but I noticed the truck is pulling to the right, I think it used pull to the left. Seeing I want to put new tires on it and I have started looking, I am also thinking I should get it aligned. 60,000Km, it wouldn't hurt to put it in a shop and have them tweak it. I am just wonder, if not the dealership, where would you people take one of these for an alignment?
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Tru-Line Autobody Frame & Wheel in Port Moody. Been going there for over a decade. One of those rare honest mechanics. Price was $70 last I checked.

I wouldn't expect your alignment to be distorted from that though.