Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

MAF sensor question

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2019, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF sensor question

I just bought a 2000 Express 1500 shes a real beauty 143k and all the rockers are still solid as a rock no pun intended
Me and my wife noticed that the van shifted hard at around 55mph and it had slight hesitation at takeoff so this afternoon I was talking with my brother in law who is a one hell of a shade tree mech and he plugged in the trusty ol obd2 reader and I got 4 codes first was maf sensor failure second was cam pos sensor failure third was also cam pos sensor and dont recall the forth but his opinion was that I needed to replace the maf and then suggested that I pull the maf off of my 97 astro and after driving g to town and finding out that a new maf is 134.00 I desired to try his idea and pull the one from My mini after a lil fanngling I managed to make it work and low and behold the hesitation is gone and only one cam sensor code remains now my question to you all is will the smaller maf cause any problems down the road and if not are there any concerns I should be aware of thanks for taking the Tim know I get long winded but really want to take care of this van will be buying the proper maf as soon as next pay period hits
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of parts under the hood are reused from previous/similar models. You can do an interchange check using the LKQ bone yard website. Select multiple locations to search for a matching part and see what years/makes/models can donate. If your donor (or something close enough) is listed, you should be fine. Following link is for the Tampa Bay area yards. Select different locations as needed to get broader results.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Clearwater-190/part-interchange-search/?q=c3RvcmU9MTE5MCZ5ZWFyPTIwMDEmbWFrZT1DSEVWUk9MRVQ mbW9kZWw9VEFIT0UmcGFydD02MDQmdHJpbT1ObyBOb3RlcyBBd mFpbGFibGV%2BNjA0fDAxMjY0#1190-23596-1

Last edited by Beau Oszman; September 8th, 2019 at 11:40 PM.