Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show off your van...pictures please!

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2023, 4:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1993 G20 "HvyChvy"

This is my 93. Picked it up in 2017.

Things I've done. LED Headlight conversion, Hellwig front sway bar, Addco rear sway bar, dual exhaust, Bilstein shocks, powder coated 8" truck rallye wheels, Detroit True-Trac LSD w/3.73 gears, TBI spacer (who knows if that really does anything! lol), and all new brakes from stem to stern. Future plans include basically redoing the whole interior, rebushing the front door hinges and I need to finish installing the new door weatherstrips.

A couple of years ago the windshield was pulled and the frame and upper rain gutter area was completely cleaned up epoxy primered and painted. No more leaks.

Just turned over 100K last week. The picture are a few years old.....I need to take new ones!

The following users liked this post:
MrRob (January 8th, 2024)
Old May 9th, 2023, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Big Van just got repainted, after 35 years of gradually rusting!

And I'd like to warn anyone with side steps or fender flares about the rust that will happen underneath them!!

Van (but in garage)

Van (but at outlook point)

Van (but being de-rusted)

Van (PAINTED!)

Van (PAINTED!)
Old September 6th, 2023, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air add on's

Does anybody have any info on a add on air for a 73 G10 panel van that is available without destroying the dash ? Maybe an undermount unit with vents. I bought it new in Calif .in Sept of 1972 and still own it but out there you don't need air conditioning so now that I'm in Texas you do and it has been restore to better than new with about 640,000 miles on the vehicle. Yes that's right 640,000 miles. Maybe even more since I changed the speedometer at 510,000 miles . same trans same rear end same body, all original It's going on it's number 3 engine,a new crate engine 4 bolt early style split main seal. All it had done to it was a new interior and seats and a rear seat sofa for passengers since originally it was a panel with no rear seating and a top sky light and side rear windows but no rear door windows . I was tempted at the time to install AC while I could still get the correct dash but opted out and now I wish I had done that and the Gunmetal Gray is a new paint job in 1989 and still looking very good . Done by a good friend and boss of mine . 350 engine and a 350 trans with 3:08 gears in the rear and a 40 gallon gas tank .

The original color

New color and some changes

Last edited by old car doc; September 6th, 2023 at 9:57 AM.
ghorvath (October 14th, 2023)
Old September 9th, 2023, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 Chevy express 1500 5.7

I’ve installed load adjusting shocks for carrying scooter since this photo lol

ghorvath (October 14th, 2023)
Old November 7th, 2023, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default Yellow Mini Bus

Hi All,
Here's my van/bus.
She will become a weekend camper.
-Josh

Triaged (November 7th, 2023)
Old November 14th, 2023, 12:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default 1992 Chevy G20-So excited to learn!

Cross country tripper. Learning about the engine. Also some no brainers about interior conversion. Can someone tell me how to change the dome light bulbs? These suckers are really in there!

This is a Gladiator! Pretty cushy. Party lights in the ceiling. Tape deck for recording tapes. Viola is going to be my cross country home on my way to New Orleans!

My man drives a dodge! They basically match.

A girl and her dog.

Old December 3rd, 2023, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Doner van, same color

Originally Posted by Huffda
My pretty pretty Chevrolet Starcraft G30, 6.2l diesel, 91mod.
(Not my plumbing crack)
As original as possible except some pimpin' and exhaust. Gonna bring it back to it's mother country; the US.

Attachment 13576
Awesome.. Just joined, I currently have 3 chevy vans, one Driver and two I keep as doners. One is a 91, same color Burgandy as yours.. perfect body.. just in case you might be in need of parts..
Old December 3rd, 2023, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Some nice vans here.
​​​​​​Mine is not so nice. I just picked it up for $500 CAD, it wasn't running. I did the head gaskets and lapped the valves, put it back together and drive it out of there. Took just over a week, wasn't easy working outside in temperatures around freezing but I'm happy I didn't have to pay to tow it and got such a good price. It's partially camperized but I wouldn't want to stay in it in the winter. If I keep it I'll do some rust repair and make it nicer next summer.

Old December 4th, 2023, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awesome..

Originally Posted by gfunkadunk
Some nice vans here.
​​​​​​Mine is not so nice. I just picked it up for $500 CAD, it wasn't running. I did the head gaskets and lapped the valves, put it back together and drive it out of there. Took just over a week, wasn't easy working outside in temperatures around freezing but I'm happy I didn't have to pay to tow it and got such a good price. It's partially camperized but I wouldn't want to stay in it in the winter. If I keep it I'll do some rust repair and make it nicer next summer.
Hard to think you spent a week in that frigid cold doing that engine work !!
Old December 4th, 2023, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Amberlamps
Hard to think you spent a week in that frigid cold doing that engine work !!
Haha yeah it wasn't easy. At least it was a dry week and I'm just so glad it worked out and I didn't throw away the 500, cost of gaskets, and have to pay for a tow to the scrapyard!

Quick Reply: Show off your van...pictures please!