Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Stupid question

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2019, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question

Hey guys, Im new here but Im stumped on an electrical issue on my 01 express. I traced a short to the batt fuse in the engine compartment fuse block. My question is does the batt fuse run into the cabin fuse block? i looked it up in the owners manual and it says Instrument Panel Fuse Block. Is this the fuse block underneath, near the parking break or a different one. The thing that is throwing me off is that theirs another fuse block that says Instrument Panel Fuse Block(headlight switch). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old August 31st, 2019, 6:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Yes there's usually only two fuse blocks: under the hood and in the cabin. Yes the battery fuse is connected to some circuits in your I/P fuse block.

You can get schematics from
BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database
or
https://www.gmupfitter.com/pages/body-builder-manuals
Old August 31st, 2019, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thanks for the information much appreciated, Yes i traced it to the other fuse block and then to the crank fuse 10 amp, very odd if you ask me. I also found electrical tape on half the exterior light sockets with loose connections. Looks like someone went to town ill equipped. Next step im gonna replace the tape with crimps, The negative wire from the battery with 0 gauge braided automotive wire i have sitting around and see what happens.