Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Tires

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnauzerKing
I wondered about that. I went back to the shop that did the work on the truck and they told me about the EPA and the horror stories from BullyDog. They told me to lay low for a while and do not go back to the dealer. My other local mechanic no longer has the scanner needed. He suggested the dealer as well but thought I would run into problems.

I do not understand this completely. You are saying there is a way to reset the tire size without effecting oh I don't know. Let's say a delete. Just for an example. If someone was to remove the DEF system for argument sake, not that I would, but let's say it had been. The program was changed to ignore certain sensors. Whatever module or system that controls tire sizes is different than that of the engine?

I would love to have my system calibrated to the larger tire size but I am afraid the dreaded 500 mile to total shutdown timer would kick in. Been there. Done that. And it is no fun.

Maybe the issue is LT265/75R16's are not an built in option, thus the rewrite. My service truck is an Express Cut-Away. It has LT225/75R16's. So I would say that would be a built in option.
you go into the ebcm with a scan tool...there are 10 different tire size options to choose from already there. pick the one that best matches your size. done. Nothing is ignored, deleted or will effect anything other than the correct vehicle speed.
I have worked for gm and dodge...both brands allow the scan tool to do this.

airbag delete has never been a possibility. That is not dealer level. programming for that would come from engineering and they won't do it for liability reasons..
The following users liked this post:
SchnauzerKing (December 10th, 2019)
Old December 10th, 2019, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tech2! I appreciate your knowledge. I will look into this further.