Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

at 102 mph was finish at german autobahn

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2015, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking at 102 mph was finish at german autobahn

today driving down to switzerland on germanys autobahn with no speed limit. heading down europe for over 500 miles. First time my Suburban told me not do drive faster than 102 mph. Once I went downhill I made it up to 106 mph then suddently the electronic speedlimiter forced me down to 102 mph again.
The Suburban drives safe and stable at this speed so it would be fine to go faster. Is it possible to change the limiter maybe up to 120 mph. ok 100 mph is an good traveling speed but I am just curious

thanks for any idea
Old January 6th, 2015, 4:12 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, you can have the computer reprogrammed to raise the speed governor. I believe it's set by the factory at 97 or 99 MPH.

I had mine raised with my Blackbear tune on my '08. I've had it up to a GPS-indicated 108 MPH, and it was still accelerating hard and absolutely stable. This was out west in the desert of Utah - dead straight road in perfect weather with no other traffic.

Just make sure your tires have the proper speed rating. The factory all-season tires here in the US are rated to 99 MPH, which is why our trucks are electronically limited to 99.
Old January 7th, 2015, 2:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excellent, yes my winter tires on now are fine up to 110 MPH but my Summer ones are fine over 130 MPH.

It is crazy in Germany as you drive 100 MPH you will ofen passed by faster cars and it feels like you are standig still.
You will see some xenonlights at your rearmirror and few seconds later they passing by like missiles.
Unusual even for us swissies our speedlimit on highway is 75 MPH
Old January 7th, 2015, 9:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would also add that while the primary is for the protection of out running the tires speed limits, keep in mind the sheer amount of air being forced under the vehicle given the Suburban and Tahoe's sitting heights....
Air being compressed under the vehicle, at those speeds will lift the vehicle and handling can be compromised...