Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Uses for G35

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2019, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uses for G35

Hi everyone! How are we tonight? I have a few question for all of you van owners. More than a few suggestion by som friends of mine have said that I should consider trying to sign on with Uber or something like it. Uber for on reason or the other doesn’t like it at all! How do you not want a 15 passenger van working out there with you? Think of the people you could move but for one reason or the other they say no. Has anyone done this or tried this before?

take care

Last edited by MNBenny; August 19th, 2019 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Words were missing
Old August 19th, 2019, 10:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You would need a lot of insurance to cover 15 people with injuries. You would also need an appropriate driver's license and appropriate safety inspections/licensing for the van.
Maybe contact some hotels and see if they want you to haul people to the airport. Those vans run 24-hours a day on a schedule so you would need to upgrade to a couple new vans if things go well.
Another option is to pick up groups of people who are flying charter somewhere. You go pick them all up at their homes and drop them off at the airport. This saves them time and parking costs. You then watch the return flight schedule and pick them up whenever they arrive.
You could also be a long distance taxi for crews of workers.
Old August 20th, 2019, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a class A License would that help? Wonder how that would work and what to charge?
Old August 20th, 2019, 9:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The 3500 long wheelbase 15 passenger is, by some insurance companies, automatically considered a commercial vehicle. I had to do some serious talking to Nationwide to convince them it isn't.

IMHO, this stems from the older Ford and Dodge extended body vans in that their extra length is behind the rear axle, and when loaded, can cause handling issues. The GM vans add length in front of the rear axle