Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2007 Express CD player wont work

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2010, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Express CD player wont work

I have a 2007 Express conversion van with 29,000 miles I purchased brand new in 2006 and the factory installed AM/FM Radio CD player that came with the van is not working thanks to the help of my 3 year old.

The AM/FM radio works but the CD player wont play any of the CD's. I have remote start and while the van was running without the key in the ignition, I threw my 3 year old in there and while I was gone for about a total of 15 seconds in the garage, he managed to do something to the CD palyer, not sure what

When I got in the van, I noticed a CD was ejected and laying by the cup holder. When I tried to load it back in the CD player, it wouldn't load, it wouldn't eject and it wouldn't play

I can hear the CD mechanism cycling like it's trying to eject but nothing happens! I've researched this on the internet and a suggestion was to disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to see if it would reset the radio, I tried this and it didn't work. I tried a few oter suggestions and none of those are working either.

It looks like the dash need to come off, the radio pulled out and taken apart to get the CD's out.

Does anybody have suggestions or had this problem? I'm guessing he either jammed it or maybe inserted a CD upside down if that matters, not sure.

In the event I need to pull the dash off, does anybody have some detailed instructions or pics on how to do this along with getting the radio out. I am determined to try and fix this myself as the dealer wants 2 hours labor just to look at it.

Thanks for any and all help / suggestions!!!!