Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

dash/tail lights wont work. Headlamps wont shut off in daylight

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2010, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash/tail lights wont work. Headlamps wont shut off in daylight

(Tried to give as much detail about issue as possible!)

I recently was side swiped and my driver's side fender dented in. My front bumper was detached on Driver's side, and my driver's side headlight yanked out and knocked down the street. The dent isn't too deep, we reattached the headlamp (it still worked, though the blinker light is so smashed we haven't figured out how to remove it and put new one in yet)

I don't know if it is a coincidence, as I haven't really driven at night recently before or after that incident. But two weeks later, i go to drive at night. No dash lights. No tail lights (though break and blinkers in rear are fine). Also, noticed that in daylight, my auto headlights don't turn off.

Now, Pre-accident I had some sort of issue with front driver's side blinker. I'd replace the bulb, only for it to burn out again fairly soon.

I checked the fuses that are in box near floor on passengers side. None appear to be burnt out.

I need some direction please! Single mom who can't afford to be bent over by shop prices. I am good at fixing this stuff, as are some of my friends...it's just I am having a hard time diagnosing the problem. (I pulled the cluster fuse...all it did was make my digital mileage/trip display, etc. and the usual engine/abs lights not show up...what's not lighting up is the numbers for fuel gage and speedometer, as well as the lights on the AC/Heater panel and radio controls)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 31st, 2014, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an issue where my cluster, and radio lights did not work at all. My tail signals, break, and reverse lights did work, but my runners did not. found out it was the wiring harness under the drivers seat. According the the mechanic i took my car to, this is a big issue with cobalts.