Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

99 1500 4.3l Stalled!! Fuel reg, Spider or Computer?

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2012, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 1500 4.3l Stalled!! Fuel reg, Spider or Computer?

Heelpp!! Van stalled!! 99-1500 4.3l. A/C mechanic now turned van tech!! HA!! Starvin actor tryin to get van back up so I can take smog test. I hear pump, fuel filters clean, 62lbs at rail, gonna open manifold now to change regulator. Would that cause engine to just stall? Does it feed the spider injectors? Have spark, turns over but won't run. Dying over here!! I changed post cat O2 sensor, coolant temp sender and check engine light on dash all by myself to end codes for smog and now this!!! Ran fine for two weeks after that. Have had issues past few months with van not starting, I wait 5 or 10 minutes and then it starts. Could this be the diaphram in regulator tearing. Now it just went dead while driving and I cant get it to start. Don't think injecters could all go bad at same time could they? Is it possible computer isn't telling injectors to fire/spray? Heeeelllpp!!!!
Old March 31st, 2012, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

I was just going to post the Same thing I have the Same Symptoms as your van mine is a 02 V6 That i just brought and it does the same thing Starts up and runs fine then it dies and won't restart wait ten minutes and it starts up. Mine isn't registered yet so i haven't had it on the Highway yet.
I'm going to piggy back off your thread..
Old April 4th, 2012, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

I was talking to one mechanic he said it could be the torque convertor or fuel pump,The fuel pump doesn;'t show any codes he's going to check the fuel pressure.
Old April 4th, 2012, 7:50 PM
CF Active Member

Just a long shot but I would get a can of starting fluid(ether) and next time it quit's, squirt some in the throttle body and see if it will crank. Sofiscitated as car's are today, they still have to have the main ingrediants to run,FIRE/FUEL. You got one of these problems, just gotta figure out which one, good luck.
david